Bristol 35.5 Interior Dimensions
I think I have some sense of the interior dimensions of the Bristol 38.8, (it was actually a Wauquiez Hood 38), and while there were some spots inside, which were snug, overall I felt like the boat "fit me" fine. I'm now trying to get a sense for the interior dimensions of the 35.5. If you know, can you share the interior dimensions? Specifically;
1) Headroom throughout, (in the head and v-berth, as well as salon)
2) Passageway width for both head and v-berth
Lastly, I'm a big guy, (6'2" and like to have 20" wide doorways), and expect to be sailing with only me and my wife, but if you have any comments about how it felt to be inside the 35.5 saloon with 4 adults, or with, (ahem), larger framed, fellows like myself, I'd love to hear that too. (Was it like being trapped in a bear den with the bear? etc.)
Re: Bristol 35.5 Interior Dimensions
For anyone else interested, I was able to get some (approximate) measurements off of a 1980 Bristol 35.5. They are on the inside;
1) 6" 2" headroom throughout - Salon, v-berth, AND head
2) 19" doorway width - This is both the doorway to the v-berth, and the head
3) 20.5" width from port side settee cushion to edge of table
4) 12" wide space between navigation table and back cabin wall - Once squeezed in, you actually can sit back on the quarter berth
and on the outside;
5) 19" deck width along the cabin sides
6) 86" cockpit length
7) 55" cockpit width
Finally the generous cabin entry way measurements;
8) 36" tall by 26" wide by 21" long
Surprisingly spacious for a 35 footer. So I think it's worth considering her for even someone my size.
Anyone who's sailed a 35.5, please feel free to add your own experiences relative to its dimensions. I'm sure it will be helpful to all.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012