Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Bristol
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2006

Dcneuro is on a distinguished road
Angry Yahoo Sucks!

Is anyone here from the Yahoo Bristol Forum? I have been unable to get a message or a reply off for several days now d/t yahoo, and no one is offering support from yahoo, or the Bristol list owner. As I cannot tolerate half ass, and choose not to waste large periods of time trying to figure out where my emails are going, I will no longer be active on that forum. I have posted a lengthy response to the "sole refinishing" question" on that forum, which went off into yahoo oblivion. I hope to see all of my fellow Bristoleers and Bristolini on this forum. Hopefully we can just loose the other one entirely.

Dr. S.
Ehwindsupdoc
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2006

smallenterprise is on a distinguished road
Works for me

I joined a few months back and have not had any problems, Yahoo is based on user ability and ease of use... I consider myself most untechnical, and have had no problem with it... that said it is good to be many places, keeps the genetic code diversified

Sam

Bristol 22 - Pocket Onion
Old 01-02-2007

Esconditas is on a distinguished road
Hi Doc... You still cussing Yahoo? I droped The yahoo Bristol list Because of all the cry babys. I will give sail net a shot, and see what happens. There is nothing like having people with little junky broken production boats complain about others having fun on a list of Bristol owners. Way too much nuts and bolts. Sure want to help out, if I can... but bitch about everything... As they say in Jersy "forgetaboutit"

Be well.. have a good new year
Jim
Old 10-18-2007

johnshasteen is on a distinguished road
I've been on most of the Bristol lists for many years and never had any problems with any of them - maybe it's your computer or your service.
John, s/v Paloma, B29.9 #141
s/v Paloma, Bristol 29.9, #141
Slipped in Bahia Marina, easy access to Corpus Christi Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.
Old 10-19-2007

I have discussed this at length with Yahoo support as well as with the many members who share difficulties. It is not skill level and it is not our PC's. It is that the moderator labeled some of us as "moderated", so that all postings must be withheld for a review process, typically taking anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Even then, half the messages delete. If you are lucky enough to get one posted, by the time others read it, they are wondering why you are responding to something posted 6 weeks ago.
Old 10-20-2007

johnshasteen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcneuro View Post
I have discussed this at length with Yahoo support as well as with the many members who share difficulties. It is not skill level and it is not our PC's. It is that the moderator labeled some of us as "moderated", so that all postings must be withheld for a review process, typically taking anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Even then, half the messages delete. If you are lucky enough to get one posted, by the time others read it, they are wondering why you are responding to something posted 6 weeks ago.
Well then, it must be my computer and my provider - my posts appear within seconds, never more than a minute, of sending - same thing for Massismo and a couple of others - I do see a few that are obviously delayed, but they are few and far between.
Ask the "Yahoo support" people to explain that to you - see what they tell you.
s/v Paloma, Bristol 29.9, #141
Slipped in Bahia Marina, easy access to Corpus Christi Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.
Old 10-21-2007
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
Is youir Yahoo group membership worth what you paid for it?

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.
Old 10-21-2007

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Worth every cent.