Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Bristol
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2008

ZowieB is on a distinguished road
Bristol 27 Liner Question

This is a question I posted earlier on the construction forum (what can I say, I'm a newbie). Soulesailor suggested I use the Bristol forum for additional feedback. Thanks Soulesailor for the suggestion and the comments regarding your B27...ZowieB

Greetings, I have been reader of sailnet for over a year but have only joined today. Great site, great wealth of information. I have a question for any members that may be Bristol 27 owners. I am shopping for my first sailboat and was looking over a 1978 B27 Cruiser model today and noticed that the nice factory installed liner started from the companion way entrance but ended at the bulkhead wall that seperates the saloon from the head and hanging locker area. The overhead finish of the head, locker, and forward v berth was rough fiberglass. It was white which was the colour of the deck but almost had a rough stucco effect look to it. Am I mistaken or should the interior liner not go all the way through the of the cabin from aft companion way to forward v berth? Can any B27 owners tell me what their interiors are like? Thanks...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-16-2008
blue collar cruiser

soulesailor is on a distinguished road
ZowieB,

go up to the top of the page and open up "quick links", then scroll down to email lists. In there you'll find a list of boat companies. Open up the bristol one and that will get you into the bristol boat owners email style forum. Any question you post in there will show up on that forum and also in your email inbox. Lots of Bristol knowledge in there.

who is staring at the sea is already sailing a little
Old 06-16-2008

ZowieB is on a distinguished road
Soulesailor, once again I thank you for your help. I tried the quick links, email lists, Bristol path you suggested but when I try to post my question I get the message "You must log in and be a member in order to contribute to this forum". Not sure what that means, do you need to be a member of the Bristol forum as well as Sailnet? To quote Steve Martin from his movie the man with two brains "Gee your drunk tests are tough" LOL. Guess I'm still behind the Sailnet learning curve but I do appreciate all your guidance. I'll figure it out eventually...ZowieB
Old 06-17-2008
blue collar cruiser

soulesailor is on a distinguished road
Yeah, you need to become a member of that one as well as sailnet. Now jump on one foot and sing the alphabet backwards while juggling these apples!

who is staring at the sea is already sailing a little
Old 07-13-2008

dboatwright is on a distinguished road
Bristol

If you haven't purchased the B27 I have a B24 for sale. Send me your mailing address and I'll send you a CD with pictures and complete information.
Old 08-12-2008

sonofasonofasailer456 is on a distinguished road
head liner

the head liner stops at the bulk head it does not go any further. I have a 68 27 "My Maria" on the Bristol Yacht/owners sites go pic's on there.
I've My Maria for 2 seasons been thru her from Bow to stern. Where are you located, I know of another B27 for sale, I think around 70's vintage.
Old 10-12-2008
Erstwhile Shipwright

bloozdoctor is on a distinguished road
Unhappy B27 Headliner

The headliner should extend all the way forward to the chainlocker. Someone removed the liner from the main bulkhead forward, probably for some kind of repair to the bulkheads or mast step.

Make sure you check the areas around the chainplates on deck as well as the knees and bulkheads where the chainplates bolt to the boat. Often this is an area of problems, when freshwater from rain trickles down the shrouds and leaks into the deck, knees and bulkheads through the deck. I found out the hard way and have to replace all the knees, the main bulkheads and much of the surrounding cabinetwork.

Joel