SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Bristol 39/40 owners

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JimLinVA 
#1 ·
Hi, any Bristol 39/40 owners out there that can share the pro/cons of this boat?

Thx

#2 ·
I am a new owner of a 1968 Bristol 39. There are several good websites that describe various layouts and features. Most have moved the traveler from the cockpit to the cabin top which makes the large cockpit more accessible. It appears that the owners are extremely loyal to the boat. It is gorgeous. It is very solidly built. There is a lot of storage on mine because there are no quarter berths and there are dozens of drawers. The v-berth is large with a huge hatch overhead for good ventilation. many owners have added a hatch in the salon, which I plan to do. The headroom is over 6'3 and the deck is easy to move around on. The head is large. The engine is accessible, the stuffing box is not. I am learning more about it as I get it ready to launch, but I expect to get many years of enjoyment out of this boat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.