SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Bristol (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/bristol/)
-   -   Bristol 34 in New England?? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/bristol/87995-bristol-34-new-england.html)

tanksalot 05-30-2012 08:52 AM

Bristol 34 in New England??

I'm very much interested in a Bristol 34 to purchase, since it came very highly recommended as a stable, comfortable and relatively fast-sailing boat. But....I've never seen one. There's one available in North Carolina, but that's a 13-hour drive away. We're in Norwich, CT.

Is there anyone in New England with a Bristol 34 that would entertain a visit from my wife and myself? We'll bring a bottle of wine and are (I hope) fairly pleasant company.

Please PM me if this is possibility.

Thanks in advance
Stan F.
Tanksalot

RavenKing 05-31-2012 08:37 PM

Re: Bristol 34 in New England??

IF that boat is in beaufort you are looking at, then its a real beauty. I have looked at it a couple of times myself. I think he may have dropped his price since the last time I was down there. I dont know where you found the listing, but there are more pictures of the boat exterior and interior out there. Its pretty snazzy looking on the inside.

tanksalot 05-31-2012 08:57 PM

RavenKing:

Due to forum rules I can't respond to your PM. (too few posts). Rather than pictures, I'd much prefer a candid overview of the cosmetics and apparent condition of various systems. I can fix a few issues, but I'm not looking for a project. I'd like to spend my summer sailing, enjoying with some tinkering. The key word is "some".

Thanks very much for the offer. Please PM me with your findings if you make it down there. Maybe by then I can PM you back.

Tanksalot!
Stan F.

tanksalot 05-31-2012 08:59 PM

RavenKing:

I just noticed you said "I looked at it a couple of times myself". Do you mean inside also? What were your thoughts on the boat? What did you find wrong? Why did you pass? Please PM the response.
Thanks...a lot.

Stan F.

RavenKing 05-31-2012 09:36 PM

Ohh it was nothing with the boat. I will PM you the detail here in a minute.

RavenKing 05-31-2012 09:53 PM

Let me know if you got the PM's, my laptop is acting screwy.

tanksalot 05-31-2012 10:00 PM

Thanks! Are you a fairly experienced "boat negotiator"?

My thinking is that if it's been around for almost a year, they'll take less, but the broker indicated the price was firm after the drop from $25K or so.

Thanks very much for the feedback on the boat! Assuming my surveyor's "quick take" is similar to yours, I'll be making an offer and having a full survey done.

Tanksalot
Stan F.

tanksalot 05-31-2012 10:01 PM

Yes, I got your PM's.

RavenKing 05-31-2012 10:04 PM

Good, just was worried having some issues. Lol, no I am not a great boat negiotator. However, I have done a lot of research on bristols while looking for 1 myself. Its a great price for the size, and i imagine its going to survey really well. I can't imagine someone taking the time with the interior and not the boat as a whole. It happens i know, but I didnt get the vibe from the boat. Like I said it looked great from what I have seen of it. I heard the same thing, that the price drop had fallen to a firm price. Good luck!