SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

C&C110 mast track separated from carbon

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  waynewarburton 
#1 ·
I would appreciate some input on a repair my 2005 C&C110 requires. Our mast is carbon and the track is some plastic embedded material. During a run in high winds we had a bad gybe causing a 3 foot long area of the track to pull out. This is the same mast the Farr40 has so there should be a few out there.

We have a couple estimates for the repair. One reputable company in the area wants to repair just the area that separated and another wants to replace the entire length.

I don't trust the track and think removing the entire length would be the best solution.

Has this happened to anyone else and how was it repaired.

#3 ·
It was just repaired under insurance. C&C has been sold a couple times lately and the warrantee is null and void from what I understand. Our insurance company was going to try and recover some money from them, but goiod luck with that.
Our mast was just repaired. I haven't seen it yet, but we had the entire strip removed, rebidded, and mast resprayed. Should look good and last for my lifetime

#5 ·
I believe the 99 mast was similar as the masts were made by Novis Composites. This company has changed hands several times over the past decade. I never had much luck with CC/T. We had a warrantee issue and had the repair done at the Ohio facility and the workmanship was bad. They have sold and moved since. I used a local marine service called ******* Custom Yachts Ltd. located at Port Darlington, Ontario, Canada. They have a reputation for high quality work...at a high price :( They removed the strip, cleaned, reapplied bonder, installed, fared, and painted the mast. I've paid for it and have not seen the results yet. I trust them that much :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.