Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > C & C
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2008

donhaller is on a distinguished road
Hi, I'm a newb here and this is my first post on the forums. I plan to do an intro at the appropriate place, but for now thought I'd check out the C&C forum here.

I have been crewing on a couple of my friend's boats for the past two summers, learning what I can. One of them has a Pearson 30 and the other a 27 Hunter. I recently picked up a great deal on a well cared for C&C 25 MK1 1973. It has had a few owners but was taken care of. I just pulled it a few weeks ago and had it gone over to make sure there were no problems. It was painted a year 1/2 ago, and the bottom looks real good. I'm not sure if I have to re-paint for next season or not. Some have told me do it, since its out of the water, but I hate to throw good money away if its not needed until the next haul out.

I'm also a Chesapeake Bay sailor and grew up outside of Annapolis. The boat is kept at Flag Harbor Marina, just north of Solomon's in St. Leonard, MD

I hope to chat with some of you in the future.
Old 12-25-2008

ahab211 is on a distinguished road
paint

Hi, i have a 24 foot C@C snd $50.00 t0 $100.00 for paint if you paint it yourself is cheap protection. I skipped my first year I bought it and just cleaned the bottom when I had a chance. No big deal but I'll paint it this year as powerwashing takes it's toll on bottom paint. VC 17 works fine for me but might not be suitable for salt water so stick to what you have.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-01-2009

Thanks for the reply. I've decided to go ahead and repaint before it goes back in. The boat is in real good shape and only needs a few minor things at this time. I need to get a set of new cushions and fix the head. Its leaking when you try to pump it. I figure I'll pull the head and rebuild the hand pump.
Old 01-01-2009

Steve,

Thanks for the PM - I have to make ten posts on Sailnet before I can return your PM.

If you PM me your email address I can reply otherwise I'll just keep posting tonight until I get to ten.
Old 01-01-2009
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Welcome Don...try the song thread or ignore threads to get your post count to 10 quickly. It is an anti-spam thing.
Old 01-18-2009

dave316 is on a distinguished road
35 MKI, C&C owner

Hello Sailormon6, I posted a blog back in August for info for my 35 MKI.
It's always a pleasure to speak to other C&C owners, and just other sailors in general.
I have hull #172 series of numbers to #200 for the 35 MKI she was built in 1973.
She was left for dead, abandoned, without a engine. Since I purchased her in July of 2008, I have completely began rewiring, I have purchased a new diesel, the interior needed to be gone over, remarkably the wood inside is in good shape but all the cushions needed to be replaced and all the foam torn out. I'm going to give her a up to date decor.
I had to buy all new electronics and am still in that process.
I have researched the MKI's very extensively and would be happy to share experiences with anyone who may need it.
I am active duty Coast Guard and have my boat in Connecticut where I found her, but after she is finished I will be sailing her back to Cape May, NJ. my home port.
There are some great resources up here for sailors, and all the people I have spoken to for help have been very helpful.
Well good luck on finding more C&C owners, and if anyone would like to talk about the 35 MKI,s, send them my way, I'm more than willing to listen, I may even be able to help someone.
Regards, Dave
Old 06-03-2009

LiamY is on a distinguished road
New C&C Landfall 35 Owner

Hi,

One week ago I became the owner of a 1981 C&C Landfall 35, "Dark-N-Stormy." I first saw the boat back in March and was impressed with how solid it was, inside and out. At the time the engine was out for a rebuild and so it took a long time between my initial offer and the sea trial. Since March I have been reading every article and commentary about the Landfall 35 I could find.

The one big knock on the boat is that it has a balsa cored hull, in addition to the more common balsa cored deck. However, C&C did a good job as the hull remains in excellent shape, with no delamination or moisture problems 28 years after being manufactured--I hired a certified surveyor to test for moisture. The cored hull is a full 1" thick, a sandwich consisting of 1/2" balsa coring in the center with inner and outer layers of 1/4" fiberglass. So, if properly maintained is provides exceptional hull strength for a 35' boat. Aside from that moisture risk, the boat has a lot going for it, strong hull, a keel stub that provides superior strength for attaching the lead keel and a deep bilge, good interior space with excellent storage, good tankage, steel rod rigging and a keel stepped mast. On the day of the sea trial the wind was blowing upwards of 18 knots on the Eastern Bay near Kent Island, and what a pleasant surprise it was to feel the boat take off in the chop smoothly, and without weather helm. The biggest problem during the sea trial was to stay focused on the trial and not get lost in the pure joy of sailing that boat.

I would enjoy hearing from other Landfall 35 owners. I am looking forward to many years of sailing and cruising in Dark N-Stormy.

Bill
Old 06-04-2009

Drumroll30 is on a distinguished road
Congrats on your purchase Bill, C&C's are great boats.

Allan Rheaume
Drumroll, Montreal
1988 30 Mk II
Old 06-09-2009

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Liam.

Congrats on your purchase. Where is your home port. We are in Rock Creek on the Patapsco with a C$C 35 MKIII

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 06-27-2009

LiamY is on a distinguished road
Dave

I live on Kent Island and keep my boat at Island View Marina in Chester on the Eastern Bay. The more I sail my C&C Landfall the more I enjoy it and the happier I am that I passed on a Pearson 34 and a Catalina 36. I liked all three but was really impressed with the solid feel, hull shape, and fit and finish of the Landfall. Now that I have enjoyed sailing it multiple times in varying wind conditions I feel even better about my decision.

Bill