Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: London, UK
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8
Work on boat Weekend
Just finished a "work on boat" weekend on our C&C 27 in preparation of a one-week cruise coming up.
- Changed oil in Atomic 4
- Taped and sanded down teak in aft of cockpit and tiller,
- Put on first coat of Cetol Light on cockpit wood.
- Worked on water temp guage, but still not registering correctly.
- Picked up replacement fuel/water separator cartridge.
- Ordered Raritan Compact head rebuild kit, and new tiller cover.
I'll return tomorrow night to put on second Cetol coat and install fuel cartridge. I should have the head rebuild kit for next weekend (oh joy), and I also plan to clean and check the gaps on the plugs before the trip.
A question for C&C 27 owners (I have a Mark II): is there a plastic internal fuel tank that's a close enough fit to simply replace the orginal 12 gallon tank that came with the boat? Mine is showing corrosion, and I'd rather replace it before it fails.
Additionally, my Atomic 4 is still running on the mechanical fuel pump. It's doing fine, but I'm not sure how long since the diaphram in it was replaced. Should I rebuild, or replace with an electric pump?