SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   C & C (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/c-c/)
-   -   Any CandC Landfall 43 owners out there? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/c-c/25929-any-candc-landfall-43-owners-out-there.html)

KevinEarly 11-29-2006 05:09 PM

Any CandC Landfall 43 owners out there?

We considering the purchase of an 83 Landfall 43 for coastal cruising off New England and eventual livaboard. could anyone provide ANY information about this boat or?

Masala 11-30-2006 02:32 AM

Landfall 43

KevinEarly,

I own a C&C Landfall 38, (have 15 months and 5,000 miles as a liveaboard) so I can't help you with specifics of the LF'43. But the LF'38 is my second C&C, I believe in the value of these boats generally.

The online C&C community is congregated around the C&C Photo Album. In particular a mailing list operates there, as well as a mountain of info about the boats built by C&C yachts. There is at least one short review by a LF 43 there, and you should ask questions on the mailing list.

See: www.cncphotoalbum.com

The community at the Photo Album really started at Sailnet, but left during their ownership crisis and haven't returned.

See you there.

Masala

sdcornwell 03-09-2007 04:54 PM

We've recently purchased a C&C Landfall 43 and love it. See our info at CnCphotoalbum.com

gslong 05-09-2007 12:45 PM

We purchased a C&C Landfall 43 last fall and are in the process of refitting. Seems to be a very solid boat with lots of potential.

bpilt 05-13-2007 06:14 PM

We've owned our '84 LF-43 since 1993. Obviously, we like it! While some question whether it's a true blue-water boat, we've sailed ours for thousands of miles including three trips to Cuba (under "fully hosted" travel rules when that was still legal). You'll find her modified fin keel to provide reasonable speed (7 kts)and her overall weight to give you a sea-kindly ride. She's definitely a bit stingy on storage space for long distance cruising.
Significant issues to watch for in addition to the typical problems of water intrusion delamination are deteriorated chain plates (typical inspections only include the backstay chainplate which is readily visible from the back lazarette) as they're 1/2" thick above deck, but only 1/4" below the deck covers. I'd also recommend a navtec rigging dye-check kit to make sure there are no cracks in the turnbuckles or rod ends, especially those that attach at the masthead. You might also want to check with an insurance company if you want/need insurance coverage as many boats more than 20 years old require a special initial survey.
Let me know if you have other specific questions I might answer!

patomed 04-01-2010 05:28 PM

original standing riggings Lf 43

I have a Landfall in The Florida, US since one year. I would like to check the original standing riggings. Bpilt mentioned something about the navtec rigging dye check kit; indeed, I dont know what it is about. I would appreciate your indicating to whom I may contact for this purpose.
Thanks a lot for your help.

SweetRiverSailor 09-04-2010 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinEarly (Post 93505)
We considering the purchase of an 83 Landfall 43 for coastal cruising off New England and eventual livaboard. could anyone provide ANY information about this boat or?

Hello, I own a 1983 Landfall 43, named Drifter. I keep her in the rio dulce in Guatemala and sail out to Belize and Honduras.
I have owned her for 5 years and am very satisfied with her abilities.
Of course, being an old boat, I had to refit many items, but the boat is very well built and has given me no trouble.
Do you have any specific questions that I can answer?

Best Regards

Jean Vayssier