SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Older 39?

7K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I used to have a boat in San Diego and there was a boat nearby (in Half Moon Marina) that I thought stunning. It was named "Biscuit Eater" and someone once told me it was a C&C 39. I know there's an older model of the 39 (not the Landfall) that lot's of people find beautiful, but I haven't been able to confirm it's the same design. A Google of Biscuit Eater does show a C&C 39.

This was in the mid 70's (so the era is right for the old 39) although I didn't think the boat was that new. To a newbie, the most remarkable part of the boat was the wide overhung stern and 'squat' overall profile. I haven't been able to find a stern-view photo of the 39. Anyone have such a shot?

#3 ·
I've looked at the site you mention (and it shows two 39's). It's definitely not a 38, and the photos of the 39 are from the wrong angle.

My memory may be faulty, but I recall the transom was either oval or a very squat wineglass shaped, not Vee-shaped like most designs. I'm sure there are better terms for the shape :)

#5 · (Edited)
Biscuit Eater is referenced in this Perry article http://www.sailingmagazine.net/perry_cc39.html on the 39. The brochure for the original 39 (not a Landfall) is on http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/.

I don't think they made many 39's, I've never seen one to my knowledge and didn't remember one had existed. It looks like the same design as the 30 Mark I and 35 Mark II, both of which have excellent reputations.

#7 ·
C&c39

I own a C&C 39 and it's based here in the British Virgin Islands.
There's a few photos of her on www.photoaction.com at last years Antigua Race Week. Look up Storyteller.
She's from 1973, I think I have a stern shot of her somewhere.
We bought her here cheaply and are slowly upgrading her, hence no real racing sails for Antigua. If we'd flown a spinnaker we may have had at least 1 win, but a 6th in class was pleasing as she's still very 70's, especially the hardware!

#8 ·
#10 ·
This is hilarious... If you want to learn about C&C's, you MUST subscribe to the email list on the photo album. C&C Yachts - C&C Photo Album & Resource Center

To see comments like "C&C never made a 39" ought to tell you that you're looking for information in the wrong place. (There are 2 39's - the C&C 39 and the Landfall 39. The former is one of the prettiest and sweetest sailing boats you'll find. The latter is a comfortable cruiser that will appeal to some, but not others)

Cheers,
CK
Former C&C owner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.