Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > C & C
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2007

GreatWhite is on a distinguished road
What sails does the boat have? What condition are they in?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-05-2007

Everlong is on a distinguished road
this is the sail supply that came with it:
150 Genoa , heavy dacron tapped 2002
150 Genoa, Mylar, tapped 2005, uv protected
110 lapper, dacron, tapped 2002
stay sail
3/4 oz spinnaker
blooper

how is that?
Old 06-13-2007

cc26seafever is on a distinguished road
C&C 26 Sea Fever

HI,

I purchased my 1977 c&c 26 last year and it really has been a great boat. She's a bit tippy in 20 knots of wind and there are stoppers on the tiller that won't allow enough helm to be used when weater helm is out of control but aside from that she's really a great boat. She isn't the fastest boat out there but there are few that can beat it down wind, upwind however, things aren't so good, was out on monday night, we were keeping up with the c&C 29's downwind but once around the mark we were left behind. mine had been severly neglected and last year while on the hard I sanded the inside and out and now it's a beautiful boat that I get many comments on.
The Pluses for this boat are , size, the 10 foot beam really lets tons of "stuff" be stored without clutter in the main cabin. The lazerettes are huge and can handle everything you could possibly want to bring including sails! The layout of the cabin is easy to use and very comfortable. The stove is not propane but we've really found it to be good, we do tons of cooking on it and can't complain (except for the price of the fuel).
Our boat came with a 2gm yanmar which works great and the boat will motor along at about 6.2.

If you have any questions please send me a note, I would be glad to answer any if I can. jdgoodfe@hotmail.com
Old 07-21-2007

Well, it has been a while since i got my boat.. .really like it... few cons:
the icebox, drains to the sink,with a manual pump that leaks, can' t find a replacement one. The main galley sink pump\faucet leaks, cant get the main HUGE bolt off to install the new one. Steering is kind of hard with an outboard and the tiller getting out of the dock. Im getting some black kind of "stuff/shi*"coming out of the watertank, when pumping the faucet(will later figure out how to remove the water tank, and use freshwater to use for washing dishes).Besides that i LOVE it, its only 26 feet, and has TONS of room,and storage, everyone who goes inside of it is surprised how much room i have!!!

Some pics any Qs pm me really like it, installed some solar panels, tv, dvd deck etc...

Old 05-29-2008

emptycooler is on a distinguished road
Looks real nice in photos.
I just purchased this winter a 26 C & C w/SB8 Yanmar inboard.
Check your portholes if leaking and if deck is spongy?
On mine that is part of the leaking with the genoa rails and stanchions.

Emptycooler
Old 12-16-2010

AirborneSF is on a distinguished road
That is a GREAT looking boat, I wish mine looked that good. My 26' was abused, and it will ever be ANYWHERE near that nice. It was cheap and I got it to day sail, so I'm happy. They are well built boats, and can handlle offshore sailing, not sure about a crossing. Enjoy.
Old 12-17-2010

AirborneSF is on a distinguished road
Everlong, IF you swap out your stove, I would like to know how much you want for it. Mine did not have one, just another hole to fill.
Old 06-11-2011

well, it has been 3 years since i have sold my boat, i really regret that since my wife left me two months ago, and left me here with my prescious daughter Olivia. Olivia is 2 years and 4 months old and i can't really sail with her yet, but as soon as an opportunity comes i will purchase another C&C
Old 07-12-2011

CowbaySailor is on a distinguished road
I have a 73 25 ft C&C and its clean like this one but yours has more up dated gauges and rigging. C&C where build in Bellville Ontario, they where in the 70's a design leader. The wife and I log 200 to 240 hrs a month on are's. She can handle it herself. You will get nothing but pleasure out of that boat. There is a C&C gathering on Aug 5 on Thetis Island if your in the northwest Gulf Islands. I have lots of info on them let me know what all you want to know.
Old 10-02-2011

FDR14127 is on a distinguished road
That's a really nice looking C&C that has obviously had some care. You can tell because the door to the V berth is still fitted. Damn useless things were the first thing to be dismounted since they had a tendency to bang around. Stove is fine....I would not fit a propane stove on a boat on a bet. We have changed ours for a new Origo and mounted a microwave in place of the oven. No room on yours to refit that. Better boat than any other in its size...