SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   C & C (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/c-c/)
-   -   C&C 30 mark ll mast length (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/c-c/50702-c-c-30-mark-ll-mast-length.html)

Walterd 01-21-2009 11:51 AM

C&C 30 mark ll mast length

I have a 1988 C&C mark ll with a new mast. Right now the boom is hitting the bimminie. The new mast is bigger than the original mast. I want to know the original mast length and what the goose neck height should be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Drumroll30 01-24-2009 10:17 AM

Walterd, I don't know the exact mast length but from waterline its supposed to be 46'5". Assume that the mast is a bit longer as the mast step is lower than the waterline. I suggest that you join C&C photoalbum site and post question on their email list, many members with lots of info. As a 30 Mk II owner I am curious as to what happened to your original Offshore Spars mast?

Allan
Drumroll, Montreal
1988 30 Mk II # 90

Walterd 01-29-2009 08:16 PM

C&C 30 mark ll - mast length

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumroll30 (Post 437250)
Walterd, I don't know the exact mast length but from waterline its supposed to be 46'5". Assume that the mast is a bit longer as the mast step is lower than the waterline. I suggest that you join C&C photoalbum site and post question on their email list, many members with lots of info. As a 30 Mk II owner I am curious as to what happened to your original Offshore Spars mast?

Allan
Drumroll, Montreal
1988 30 Mk II # 90

The boat was stored on land with the mast still up and a 145 k wind knocked it over. The shop that repaired it put a bigger diameter mast back. Thanks now all I got to do is figure out how to access C&C photoalbum

Drumroll30 01-29-2009 10:13 PM

Walterd, the site is cncphotoalbum.com I can measure mine for you but my boat is on the hard and with a full frame cover on it, much easier in the spring. I am also part of a small 30 MK II owners group of around 20 of us. If you send me your email contact info, hull #, boat name and location I can add you to the group, possibly some already know the exact dimensions you need. My contact info is allanrheaume at videotron.ca

Walterd 02-09-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumroll30 (Post 440499)
Walterd, the site is cncphotoalbum.com I can measure mine for you but my boat is on the hard and with a full frame cover on it, much easier in the spring. I am also part of a small 30 MK II owners group of around 20 of us. If you send me your email contact info, hull #, boat name and location I can add you to the group, possibly some already know the exact dimensions you need. My contact info is allanrheaume at videotron.ca

Allan I am using sailnet to thank you inorder to learn the system and build up my posts Walter