SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Lifting points on a C&C

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  SebastienL 
#1 ·
Since i am new at this: are there any resources on where to safely put the lifting straps for a boat lift on a C&C 32?

We have to put her up on the hard for winter in a few weeks and I want to know what to tell the marina boat-lift person.

#2 ·
"where to safely put the lifting straps"
There probably is some documentation somewhere. But in recent years more boaters have been getting unabashed enough to follow aircraft procedures, i.e. to have stickers or painted labels on each rail that say "LIFT POINT" or "NO LIFT" at the proper points for the lifting straps, and the points where a strap would ruin the prop shaft or something else.
Makes it a lot harder for a casual "oops" to happen on a lift. (Assuming they hired help that knows how to read and isn't afraid to do it.)

#4 ·
What Gary said, and just make sure that the straps won't land on the prop shaft or the speedo impeller if that isn't removed/retracted.

A profile drawing of the C&C 32 like that available here:

C&C 32 - Used Sailboat Market in Canada

should be helpful. Looks like in line with the forward hatch (keeping impeller location in mind) and at the aft end of the cabin house should work for you.

#5 ·
Mine is a slightly different boat (C&C 30 Mk2 1987), but here is the diagram I have in my owner's manual. I got the pdf for the manual through the C&C photo album web site: C&C Yachts - C&C Photo Album & Resource Center I have seen the C&C 32 is also available and will likely contain such diagram.

Now, when my boat was moved in the spring, I noticed that the front and back sling where not tied with a rope. They both stayed in place and all was good, but after seeing this diagram from C & C, it got me thinking if it should be standard procedure to tie those slings together...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.