SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   C & C (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/c-c/)
-   -   Halyard Organizer Plate (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/c-c/80106-halyard-organizer-plate.html)

ismwo 10-25-2011 12:59 PM

Halyard Organizer Plate

I have a C&C 26 and I was wondering if any one used these? They look practical but I'm not sure if they work with the C&C masts?

jjablonowski 10-25-2011 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I put one under the deck-stepped mast on my Catalina 25 a few years ago, and I love it. In addition to organizing halyards, it's useful for securing other lines, like Cunningham and a turning block for the mainsail downhaul. I also use some of its holes to neaten up the loops of wire for VHF antenna and steaming/anchor lights that enter the mast.

I figure that any time I can avoid putting another hole in the deck, it's a Good Thing.

ismwo 10-25-2011 04:31 PM

Thanks jjablonowski

I'm a new sailor so bear with me please. I was wonder how it works, the C&C has a slot ( approx 5x9 in) the mast fits in. Do the sides with holes bend up when the mast is in place? Is there room between the slot walls for the organizer?? any clarification would be appreciated.

decktosser 10-26-2011 10:15 AM

The new deck plate actually goes under the original mast step......they are very useful.

ismwo 10-26-2011 12:17 PM

I looked at the mast step and there are 6 screws there. I just remove them and insert the plate under the step and replace the screw's, sounds too easy??? Is there a trick or something I'm missing?

decktosser 10-26-2011 12:33 PM

mast step

Yes, that is all that you do. The only problem that you might run into is that the screw holes in the new plate will not line up with either the holes in the deck or the holes in the old step. In that case you will need to mark and drill the new plate. Not a big deal. I had to do that on my boat.

ismwo 10-26-2011 01:01 PM

Thanks I'll let you know how I make out.

Langlo06 11-28-2011 02:19 PM

Also new owner/sailor of C&C 26

Need pic of the extreme end of a boom of C&C 26 as mine seems to be missing something. Could be something for outhaul not sure. Have thread posted last few weeks under the C&C forum section entitled boom end with no response yet. Can anyone help. TKS

Southron Spirit 12-29-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjablonowski (Post 790184)
I put one under the deck-stepped mast on my Catalina 25 a few years ago, and I love it. In addition to organizing halyards, it's useful for securing other lines, like Cunningham and a turning block for the mainsail downhaul. I also use some of its holes to neaten up the loops of wire for VHF antenna and steaming/anchor lights that enter the mast.

I figure that any time I can avoid putting another hole in the deck, it's a Good Thing.

who sells plates like this ?
tia

Faster 12-29-2011 02:45 PM

Garhauer Marine Hardware -3531983

Very good outfit to deal with... quality stuff and a good price.