SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   C & C (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/c-c/)
-   -   C&C Landfall 35? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/c-c/94903-c-c-landfall-35-a.html)

miatapaul 12-11-2012 07:09 PM

C&C Landfall 35?

I am looking at a listing of a C&C Landfall 35 and it does not seem quite like any others. I know they had 2 layouts, one with an small aft cabin and huge salon V up front, and one traditional with a V-birth and even smaller quarter birth. But this one seems to have both the V-settees, then apposing settees and no aft cabin/quarter birth? I am confused by it the broker said they took it in on trade, and it is "an odd duck".

1983 C&C Landfall 35 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

It appears to have the V-settee and then standard settees behind it. He said the photos are all of the boat and recent. It is a about 375 miles away but a fun trip back on the Erie Canal. But the photos almost look like they are from 2 different boats. The photo labeled "folding table" shows the whole thing, and it is strange. I am planning on living aboard by my self, and think the aft cabin would work really well.

Faster 12-11-2012 07:43 PM

Re: C&C Landfall 35?

Odd ... there's at least 3 different cushion colours/patterns seems to me. The galley looks quite cramped between the bulkhead/passthru there and the companionway. The nav/icebox/seat arrangement looks like an afterthought.

Very strange with the midships table/settee and the fwd setup as well.

It's like they took bit's of the LF 38 and tried to fit some of it into a smaller hull.

Pretty boat, but.....

bljones 12-11-2012 09:25 PM

the way I am reading it from bow to stern:
angled dinette instead of v-berth.
Hanging locker and chest of drawers to port
Bulkhead.
Head running down port side, horseshoe settee running down starboard side.
galley running across the boat, small quarter berth to port.
Everything about that boat is kind of off- the vents aren't typical landfall, there is no port in the aft bulkhead opening into the cockpit, the galley fully cut off from the rest of the boat, with a pass-through, no stove...

miatapaul 12-11-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bljones (Post 960253)
the way I am reading it from bow to stern:
angled dinette instead of v-berth.
Hanging locker and chest of drawers to port
Bulkhead.
Head running down port side, horseshoe settee running down starboard side.
galley running across the boat, small quarter berth to port.
Everything about that boat is kind of off- the vents aren't typical landfall, there is no port in the aft bulkhead opening into the cockpit, the galley fully cut off from the rest of the boat, with a pass-through, no stove...

No quarter birth. Looks like a hanging locker behind the nav station/icebox. I think I could go for it if it had a quarter birth. It has more Locker space in the cockpit as well.

A almost makes me want to see it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

hellosailor 12-12-2012 05:11 PM

Oaul-
RCR has a good reputation and probably knows more about the C&Cs and deals in them more than anyone else left around. You might just call and ask them about that.
I know that C&C did some semi-custom work, and sometimes changed a boat from "first hull" to production version, so this might be one of those quirky "Well, we tried one this way and then..." kinda things.
Looks like a nice boat.

deniseO30 12-12-2012 05:19 PM

Pics are not of one boat. I'm guessing brochure photos from back in the day.

jsaronson 12-12-2012 05:53 PM

Brochures are on cncphotoalbum.com