Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > C & C
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013

RodH is on a distinguished road
C&c 29 mki

Hi. My wife and just purchased a 1976 C&C MKI. Although we are no where near our sailing season we are looking for any tips from 29 owners on rigging or anything that you learned the hard way. Any and all advice will be appreciated.
Thanks Rod
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-2013

FDR14127 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: C&c 29 mki

Congratulations, now the fun begins. What are the questions? Rigging is pretty simple as that stick doesn't bend a whole lot. We will be putting ours back in the water after the first of May. Come on by and you can help....Since us Yankees think Kanata is a suburb of Ottawa, I suspect you will be sailing on the St Lawrence? We are in Niagara on the Lake where there are a number of C&C29's in what used to be C&C's home port.

There is a review of the 29 on the C&C owners site written by Hank Evans which you may find interesting, I don't much agree with Hank's characterizations of the 29's sailing profile, but then I learned on dingy's and the boat suits me just fine. When I get the chance I will dig out the 29 owners association guide to rigging written by Skip Doyle and make you a copy. Email me in April and remind me ....
yr ftfl svnt...etc..
Doug Robinson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-12-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: C&c 29 mki

Welcome aboard. I have a certain "afinity for all things C&C"
Join the C&C owners forum for great tips and ideas. You are in the heart of C&C counrty although our Haleakula was built at the Bristol Conneticut yard in its brief existance.

Dave

C&C Yachts - C&C Photo Album & Resource Center

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 02-19-2013

Sanduskysailor is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: C&c 29 mki

Hey Chef, if your C&C was built in Bristol CT then you have the only one!. The rest of us, who have US built C&Cs, have boats that were built in Bristol Rhode Island. You must be watching too much ESPN, which is in Bristol CT, and have become confused.
Old 02-23-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanduskysailor View Post
Hey Chef, if your C&C was built in Bristol CT then you have the only one!. The rest of us, who have US built C&Cs, have boats that were built in Bristol Rhode Island. You must be watching too much ESPN, which is in Bristol CT, and have become confused.
Yeah,,,I was spacing,,,,Bristol Ri

Funny we visited her place of birth 4 years ago, Bristol is again one of our destinations on our trip north from the Chessie this summer.

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 04-28-2013

Hi Doug. Was unable to PM you due to lack of posts. If you have time the rigging guide you mentioned would be helpful. The boat arrives next weekend hopefully. If we were not six hours away we would love to help and learn launching your boat. Thanks again.
Rod
Old 04-28-2013
Jim Sanders

Jimmy E is on a distinguished road

Rod,
Congratulations on your new boat. I also have a C&C 29 MK1. When I took position, it wasn't rigged, so I had to figure it out (with the help of others)

Just after getting it right, I received the original manual for the boat.

I'll be rigged next weekend. Let me know what you want a picture of. Also, I can copy all the pertinent info of the Owners Manual, such as wiring , if you wish

Unless repowered , it will have the bullet proof A-4. Give it a chance, you'll love it. Moyer Marine Website is a fantastic resource. There are some really knowledgable guys on that forum, that are quick to offer great advice. It's quite the brain trust. Reasonably priced parts too.( no association except a happy customer)

You'll notice her a little tender, but she'll stiffin up quickly. Great speed in light winds. After rounding up for the first time last year, we immediately kept pushing the limits and rounded up a few more times in the same hour. I came away with a better feel for the helm, and subsequently had better success in 20+ knots.

Enjoy!

Jimmy
Old 04-28-2013

Thanks Jimmy. I do have the manual and pictures off the brokers website. Never had a keel stepped mast before so shimming the spar is going to be all new for us. The manual gives a rake range of 6" to 10" for larger boats. Was going to start at about 7" of rake and go from there. The boat is still in Pickering and it driving me nuts not having her here. Oh well what's two more weeks of no sleep. Thank again for the reply.
Old 07-10-2013

FDR14127 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodH View Post
Hi Doug. Was unable to PM you due to lack of posts. If you have time the rigging guide you mentioned would be helpful. The boat arrives next weekend hopefully. If we were not six hours away we would love to help and learn launching your boat. Thanks again.
Rod
Oh I just came across this entry again. My bad I haven't copied the rigging guide, I will attempt to find it tomorrow. By now you must be sailing her around, did you manage to get any rake in the mast? I have never been successful with that...

Old 07-10-2013

Thanks FDR but the mast is up and somewhat tuned. I just went by the owners manual and a few of the members that have 29's have helped out. I was able to get about 7" of rake and she does not have any weather helm or other bad habits. Just got lucky I guess.
Rod