SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

They've made 15,000 +

8K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  PaulSims 
#1 ·
Any Catalina 22 owners out there? ck in!

#11 ·
Sailing hull #11735 on Lake Guntersville, AL since 1998. Great little boat, fun to sail and to get in and out of places larger boats can't. Plan to do some trailor sailing in 2009 after I finish several projects.

Pat
s/v Stargazer

#14 ·
Ahoy Canoeman, I'll look for you on the water. I'm still in the garage and will probably not get much sailing done this winter, but will probably do a good bit of crusing at Guntersville come Spring. Plan to sail in the Guntersville Cup in April.

See you on the water
Pat
Stargazer

#17 ·
C22 performance, likability

I am seriously considering a new C22. Have never sailed on one but seen the boat and looks great. Any advice for me? Do you like the performance. I live on a good size lake in Texas and am ready to take the plunge for a trailorable keel sloop. The C22 seems to fit the bill. Just looking for things I will probably miss and might deter me. THANKS!!!

#18 ·
Catalina 22 great little boat

Great little boat, small enough to man handle around the docks and big enough to stay dry in while out on the lake on a "active day". Small enough that initial purchase and maintenance wont break you mentally and financialy. We sail ours on Seneca Lake in New York State and are very happy with it.

#19 ·
I just bought my 82 C22 a few weeks ago and am just about finished with the repairs. I'm on lake Ray Hubbard in Texas. No name on the boat yet. been out twice and had a great sail both times singlehanded. I still need interior cushions redone and new hatch doors. Sail # 10607.

#22 ·
I tried to send you a message but am not allowed because I do not have 5 post's yet. What's up with that. So, to answer your question I have not done anything. But did learn the ones on ebay are made by soft topper.

And I could not put a link to softopper dot com because I need 2 or more post's.

One day I may qualify to post links or send messages.

#25 ·
I'm going to singlehandedly resurrect the C22 forum on this site!!!

Just bought hull #1241 - repairing blisters before some bottom paint and also redoing all the old covered standing rigging for slightly beefier shrouds to take the loads I'll no doubt put on her.

I'll have her on Lake Allatoona just northwest of Atlanta, the smaller of the two area lakes. Less powerboaters!

#26 ·
I'm going to singlehandedly resurrect the C22 forum on this site!!!

Just bought hull #1241 - repairing blisters before some bottom paint and also redoing all the old covered standing rigging for slightly beefier shrouds to take the loads I'll no doubt put on her.

I'll have her on Lake Allatoona just northwest of Atlanta, the smaller of the two area lakes. Less powerboaters!
Great little boat for beginners like me. We sail them in SanDiego harbor.

#28 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.