SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Yay! I am the First Poster..

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  txbigfoot 
#1 ·
I own a 1978 Catalina 25. Pop Top with Swing Keel.

Also, SnapFurl - Roller Furling
Yamaha 9.9

Live in Flowery Branch, GA

#5 ·
Swing-Keel Bolt Inspection/Replacement

I have a 1982 25' Catalina, swing-keel, pop-up, standard mast, roller-fuller, 9.9 Suszuki. Has anyone inspected their keel bolt? Is it necessary? When? would I get a specific indication that I'm having a problem or will the keel just drop off. I don't trailer it a lot, maybe once a year. This is my first post. Thanks much!!

#7 ·
I have a 1982 25' Catalina, swing-keel, pop-up, standard mast, roller-fuller, 9.9 Suszuki. Has anyone inspected their keel bolt? Is it necessary? When? would I get a specific indication that I'm having a problem or will the keel just drop off. I don't trailer it a lot, maybe once a year. This is my first post. Thanks much!!
I would also like to check in. My 25 is a standard rig, swing keel, made in 1979. Her names is Adventure and she sails Lake St Clair in Michigan. Having said that "OOMFH" (whoever he may be) is correct. You need to look into the association he mentioned. Just click on his link, and ask some one there to explain how to search the archives. There are few things to be aware of with the swing keel, check them out and enjoy the wind _/) Glen

#6 · (Edited)
Nothing against this forum but why re-invent the wheel? This topic has been covered dozens of times on the Catalina 25/250 forum. Do a search there and you'll discover volumes of useful information. A repository of hundreds of years of combined ownership and maintenance experience.

Association Forum

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.