SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   C30 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/c30/)
-   -   Photo request / owner opinions (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/c30/74517-photo-request-owner-opinions.html)

l0keman 05-17-2011 12:08 AM

Photo request / owner opinions

I will be rolling out to Honduras for the next 6 months and expect to come back and purchase a larger sailboat. This boat is number one on my list and I see quite a few of them for sail right now. I would like to hear from owners and get an opinion on what they do and don't like about the boat.

I am a single parent of two daughter and don't have massive amounts of money. I am active duty Air Force and can deploy for 6 month blocks occasionally. Also, the marina here on base only charges like 2.50 per foot for a wet slip with water and electricity. I am after something I can sail along the coast and out to the barrier islands in the Gulf with and SCUBA/spearfish, kayak and kitesurf off of. It has to be fairly simple to singlehand and be comfortable. I would gladly give up speed for comfort. From the research I am doing, this boat seems to fit the bill. Can any owner verify or deny? Thanks in advance!

mdbee 05-17-2011 01:14 AM

???

l0keman 05-17-2011 08:48 AM

I just wanna know if this is a good inexspensive boat that I can travel 10-20 miles offshore out to the islands and anchor down while I go play, then come back to and sleep comfortably on. I am not after a fast boat, just a comfortable one. Is this a good boat for that?

ntnbetr 05-17-2011 10:16 AM

I think it's made for what your looking to do with it. My wife and I, and an occasional grand child, sail the Puget Sound and like the comfort and sailing ability of our C30. Don't Know the water your going to sail, but when I bought mine I was told to watch the Keel, Chain plates and compression post base.(get a good ,honest survey).
Good Luck and thanks for serving.

mdbee 05-17-2011 12:54 PM

Sorry...

I don't see a picture or the model of the boat you are talking about. Perhaps I am going blind or dementia has started.

Obviously ntn knows which model you are looking at. I may have to review my settings or something?

The other day I had to log in instead of the site recognizing my cookies. Maybe something is up with that.

QUOTE=l0keman;731209]I just wanna know if this is a good inexspensive boat that I can travel 10-20 miles offshore out to the islands and anchor down while I go play, then come back to and sleep comfortably on. I am not after a fast boat, just a comfortable one. Is this a good boat for that?[/QUOTE]

Well, I checked, and I can see other's pictures but not yours. hmmm

ottos 05-17-2011 02:33 PM

md - he is posting in the C30 forum -
It took me a moment to realize he was asking about Catalina 30's, as I just look at all new posts (and I guess you do too).

loKe - I don't have specific info on the C30, but a 30 footer would be more than adequate for one person, in fact you probably could consider going smaller and save some green. I'm sure others will chime in with more pertinent advice shortly....

Thanks for your service.

mdbee 05-17-2011 03:24 PM

Ottos - thats true but I often see pictures in other threads. What am I missing here? (I'm logged in) Never noticed an issue before or maybe I'm too dumb to realize it :)

Oh, now I understand.. no picture? It's just that it was posted in the C30 thread?

ottos 05-17-2011 04:53 PM

md - I think he is requesting pictures.

l0ke - try this link to Yachtworld for pictures of C30 boats for sale.

tdw 05-17-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdbee (Post 731329)
Ottos - thats true but I often see pictures in other threads. What am I missing here? (I'm logged in) Never noticed an issue before or maybe I'm too dumb to realize it :)

Oh, now I understand.. no picture? It's just that it was posted in the C30 thread?

Had me going as well. My grip on reality is often open to question but I was thinking I had really gone nuttso. Thankfully not so I guess I can rest easy knowing my normal levels of "sanity" are maintained.

ottos 05-17-2011 09:06 PM

td - "sanity" is a relative thing.