On The Learning Curve
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: On my boat - Salem, MA
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 6
I'm trying to keep a leash on my impulsive nature. If I can hold off until September, there will be more selection and better prices? Having said that, I think I've narrowed it down to Pearson - the P30, 303, etc. The Catalina 30 has more room for living aboard, but I just like/prefer the Pearson. Tomorrow I'm going to look at a 303 that has been customized with stack pack, new head-sails-paint, - electronics galore, etc. I am almost hoping I don't like it, because it looks like it might be THE ONE - lol... I'm supposed to look at a Sabre 30 on Saturday that is the same price as the 303, but it needs some cosmetic work and doesn't have 1/2 the upgrades/toys as the 303. If I like the Pearson, even if I don't make an offer, I will probably not bother looking at the Sabre. In fact, if this Pearson isn't THE ONE, I should probably just do research and not take a chance of "falling in love" and buying prematurely. Hey, it's only 4 weeks until September, when boaters start to feel the cool air signalling "the end"... lol...
If logic wins out, I'll WAIT - because I'll have a bigger budget (could afford $33K just for the boat, exclusive of taxes, insurance, etc.) and most people advise me that if I can wait until September, it would benefit me.