SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Cabo Rico (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cabo-rico/)
-   -   Cabo Rico 38 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cabo-rico/45719-cabo-rico-38-a.html)

jongoose 08-05-2008 01:26 PM

Cabo Rico 38

My name is Hal Hopkins and along with my first mate Tish we purchased a 1985 Cabo Rico 38 last August. We keep our boat in the Swan Creek Marina and live on a farm only a few miles away. So far we have not had a lot of time to work on the boat as house projects came first, you know a roof over our head. Now that the house is livable we can focus more on the boat. We joined the Swan Creek Sailing Association and what a great group of sailers they are!!!! So far we have only gotten in a couple of overnights but I hope to do a week around Labor Day if everything works out. I hope this thread will grow and give us a chance to meet other CR owners and exchange thoughs, stories, problems and anything else that might be of interest.

Hal & Tish

RichSchultz 08-09-2008 01:01 PM

Welcome,

I'm Rich and my Lady's Erma. We have a 1989 CR 38 that we keep in Tarpon Springs. I've recently retired and we hope to be cruising in another year or so. I'll be interested to see how many others show up.

teshannon 08-11-2008 10:37 PM

Really great boat, almost bought one once. Best of luck with her.

emagin 10-22-2008 02:25 PM

Would be interested to read more from you Cabo Rico owners.
Am interested in looking at / buying one for cruising from California to Mexico and beyond

teshannon 10-22-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emagin (Post 388565)
Would be interested to read more from you Cabo Rico owners.
Am interested in looking at / buying one for cruising from California to Mexico and beyond

I'm pretty certain there is a Cabo Rico owners site. I don't remember the address but you might try Google.

aa3jy 10-27-2008 04:34 PM

Try Discussions - caborico | Google Groups

stevemoss 10-28-2009 01:22 PM

Cabo Rico owners

Hi there Cabo Rico owners. I'm a year out of date, but I have just noticed the thread. My wife and I bought a CR 38 from Florida nearly three years ago. Since then she has shivered her timbers in the chilly Irish Sea. We berth her in a delightful marina which used to be an port for transporting slate mined in the Welsh mountains. Fruition is a magnificent boat, but
the first two years were something of a nightmare because there were so many major jobs that had not come up on the survey. This season was the first I could say she has become a genuine turnkey boat. Pity about the weather though. The last two summers in the UK have been particularly dismal, with gales and rain.

I know a lot of boats have owners’ clubs, and I know there used to be a CB club, but not any more. Perhaps if there was enough interest we could start one again?

Best wishes

Steve Moss