SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Cabo Rico 38 traveler design

8K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mp459 
#1 ·
We have a 1978 Cabo Rico 38 and are looking to add a traveler. We also plan to add a dodger. The way the cabin top is designed doesn't provide many options for these to exist together. It would either need to go too far forward or back in the cockpit. I don't want it in the cockpit if I can help it. I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions based on their experience. Any information you could provide would be great!

Thanks,
Heather

#2 ·
Location of traveller on CR38

Hi Heather:

We have a 1987 CR38 so I don't know if our traveler information will help you. Ours is mounted just forward (about 2 inches) of the forward cockpit combing with enough clearance for the dodger. You have to reach to the side of the dodger to adjust it but it isn't that bad. You can also adjust it by sanding in the companionway and adjusting the lines through the open dodger window. Hope this helps.

Judy
s/v Pioneer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.