SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Cal 30 parts

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Lake Superior Sailor 
#1 ·
I have a 1972 Cal30, Atomic 4 engine, in good sailing condition.

I need to find a source for parts and a brochure or manual to maintain and refurbish this boat with currently available parts.

Right now I am looking for a mast boot.

Can you help me?

Guy DeStefano
Cataumet, Buzzards Bay, MA, U.S.A

#2 ·
Guy,

First you have very little chance of finding parts for an old boat that has been out of production for 25 years, whether the builder is still in business or not. Fortunately, I wouldn't think the mast boot would be a Cal part anyway - but even if it were - you can find a number of kits for fabricating a boot. You can get a platic boot kit to cut to fit, try self-adhesive boot tape, or the ultimate solution http://www.spartite.com/Default.aspx?SiteID=3

You might try the Cal email list to find out what other 30 owners have used.

#4 ·
Hello folks! Is there anyone out there that knows what kind of rudderhead, and tiller head combo would be best for my Cal 30? I have found a website that has a variety of applications, but I am unsure of what I should use for my own vessel. I also would like to know if anyone has ever replaced their Atomic 4 with an updated and more modern diesel engine. I was thinking of going with Yanmar and having them make a recommendation since they have a deailer in Seattle. Any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.