SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Cal-29 shower

6K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  blackbeard10 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I am a proud new owner of a 1974 Cal-29. While in the slip, I noticed the shower not draining completely. Then on the way back from Catalina, we got into some wind and the boat was heeled to starboard pretty good. When we got back to the slip, we noticed the water was gone from the shower floor. Any comments as the reason why the shower wont drain sitting upright. My wife will be upset if I have to heel to boat over in good wind for her to take a shower every time :D

Also, there is a hose coming into the bilge compartment from the port side that i dont know where it comes from.

Thanks
Troy

#3 ·
that’s what i was thinking, i wonder if the drain under the beam is plugged up. I still dont know what that extra hose coming into the bilge area under the dinette table is though

#6 ·
A button near the sink more likely would run the fresh water pump

I would say at this point there is no such thing as a "standard" to how a boat this old is wired

Many have the original 6 switch DC panel and many have brand new state of the art panels with 20 breakers :)

#8 ·
I also have a '74 Cal 2-29. The ice box is on the starboard side. Fresh water intake for the head is on the port side under bench at the bulkhead. The 2-29 has a large drain hole in the aft edge of the floor pan (1" diameter). You should be able to get a pipe brush in there to clear any debris, otherwise it should drain into the bilge without a problem.

Jamie

#12 ·
we have a 1967 Cal 30 we just bought, no shower and I'm wondering how many folks actually use the shower on a regular basis. our old boat was a 26' and we simply used a solar shower at the stern ladder.

Thoughts? Advice?

thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.