SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

The hull to deck joint ficaso FINISHED

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  tommays 
#1 ·
i new the would be some problems when i removed the rub rail but they were much worse than one would expect

There was more or less nothing holding the starboard hull to deck together due to a piss poor previous repair

I had to grind and clean out 29' of joint on the outside of the boat and inject west SIX-10 epoxy which was chosen because it is thickened and self mixes out of a standard caulking gun and then put rivets back into the original holes

It worked out pretty good BUT that was the easy part :)

Then i had to go inside the boat and grind off all the delaminated tape that was supposed to be holding the joint together

This was the mother of all fiberglass snow storms and made about 30 pounds of dust

So after much 6" tape and even more masking tape and paper as i had to do a lot of grinding insides the cabinets the hull is now rock solid

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.