Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Cal
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2011
Fish out of water

Myt4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteel View Post
I sent you some photos of my T/4 when I had it moved so I could get it repaired and painted. Take a look at them and you can see the spacing of the stanchions to support the boat. The trailer had a telescoping tong that they let out when they were taking the boat out of the water and shortened when they were ready to move it to the shop. With the fixed keel you have to get the trailer pretty far out from the ramp to get the boat on or off.
Yes I did get them but my computer crashed Friday and I lost everything. If possible please send again. Thanks
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-13-2011
Fish out of water

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXBOT View Post
Put the uprights at the same spacing as you find on a cradle. Hope you can find a boat on a cradle or factory trailer to copy. Basicaly the forward pair are in the forward bulkhead area and the rear perhaps where quarterberth ends and a small bulkhead seperates cockpit lockers from cabin. Fin keel support is important as it will be holding half the boat weight. Wish you luck but you may still have to use a crane to launch or retrieve. It is still better to have a trailer even if you can't launch from it than have a cradle.
Been so busy with work that I had to extend the slip rental tried to have it moved but with no luck. Now I just need time. And hopefully a trailer or cradle to copy. I have a good frame to start with from a 1973 24' cabin cruiser with a displacement of 4800 lb.
Old 07-14-2011

cal30 is on a distinguished road
Northshore...

Howzit Coldsteel,
Yes, Hale'iwa is AWESOME! Especially sailor friendly in summer. We've been doing alot of sailing the past 3 years. More than anybody out there, except the guys getting paid$(Catamarran sails). Having a blast. Heitor is doing well, still hauling boats all over and using his expertise to help. Good Guy. Let me know if you want to go sailing out here. Picture is the day after the tsunami, and the tides were still going up and down...Our boat is hanging from it's mooring lines here, look at the tide surge marks on the back wall.
Leonard
Attached Thumbnails
new t-4 owner-feb-28-2011-craigslist-014.jpg  
Old 07-17-2011
Fish out of water

Wow that would make me nervous ^^^^^

Anyone have a trailer for a t4 that u would be willing to get me some measurements?
Old 11-15-2011

coldsteel is on a distinguished road
How are things going with your T4? I haven't seen you post anything lately. Hope this summer was good sailing in your T4. Do you have any photos of your boat that you would share with us?
Old 11-15-2011

BC2316 is on a distinguished road
My summer

We had a great summer of sailing, although it was rather short even for Pacific Northwest standards. It seems like we only had 2 days over 80 degrees this summer. We didn't take any trips this year but we did a lot of day sailing in Admiralty Inlet. I think last time I had emailed you I had replaced the ceiling inside.

Since then I have taken off the old fabric wall covering and replaced it with a "brownish fabric" covering. Getting all the old adhesive off the inside of the hull was a long and tedious job. Instead of reapplying adhesive I put on strips of industrial strength velcro, so now I can take the fabric off in the winter and store it at home to avoid mold.

I also bought a new compass and a Garmin 541S chart-plotter and installed a fixed mount VHF radio. I took out one of the speakers on the port side and installed a circuit breaker panel to accommodate the extra electronics. I still have to remove the starboard speaker since I have found it is too close to the compass. I think I'll make a little cabinet with a door on it to fill the space. I'm going to move the speakers to the forward bulkhead in the cabin.

I also started painting the topside this summer but will have to wait until spring to finish the project. I can't remember if I had told you that I mounted clutches on the cabin top and ran the halyards back to the cockpit to make it a little safer when I single hand the boat. My next safety project is to replace the lifelines. The cable is getting frayed in one corner. I'm going to install gate latches on each side to make it easier to get on and off the boat.

I tried to attach some photos but it didn't work. I'll try to send them to your email.

Enough about my boat. How was your summer and what have you been working on?

Gary
Old 11-17-2011
Fish out of water

Unfortunately I have not accomplished anything with mine work had me out of town for 3 mo. I've been playing catch up on everything since I got back. She is still at the same marina I dropped the ball on finding someone to move her (the lake is 18' low and the ramps are all closed. Plus I have not had any luck finding a trailer to copy. Now it will be spring before I can move her so hopefully I will find a trailer or build this one( if I can get measurements from a diff one).how have things been with you?
Old 11-18-2011

coldsteel is on a distinguished road
It has been a good summer here on Oahu and the sailing has been pretty good. I took the Honu out of Pearl Harbor along Waikiki around Diamond Head to Hawaii Kai. I had pretty good trade winds that day so going to Diamond Head took a lot longer than I anticipated but the downwind trip back to Pearl Harbor was really a lot of fun. On another trip I sailed to over to the Ala Wai harbor and did some snorkeling off of Magic Island. I had hoped to sail around KoKo Head then through Maunalua Bay during my Thanksgiving Break but it looks like I am going to be working the day after Thanksgiving so I will give it a go when I have another long weekend. I want to sail all the way around Oahu before I start sailing to any of the other islands. As far as the Honu goes I am still working on replacing all of the electrical lines inside. I have finished the wiring to the lights on the bulkhead and to the navigation lights. It is amazing what 30 years of being in the boat did to the insulation on those wires and the light fixtures were in pretty sorry shape. I replaced all of the navigation lights when I replaced all of the chain plates and rigging two years ago. She is sea worthy now and I am not at all worried when I take her out of Pearl Harbor. I do need to get a dingy that I can use from ship to shore. I wonder if anyone out there might have a set of plans that I could get for a dingy I could build in my garage that wouldn’t require a lot of special tool or skill to make.