SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Caribbean Islands (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   bahamas (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/caribbean-islands/47506-bahamas.html)

hasuehounds 09-27-2008 09:09 AM

bahamas

I would like to hear from anyone who has sailed from the east coast to the bahamas. Places you found great ancorages, places that are a must to see
and your take on your trip to bahama chain

Kathleen

camaraderie 09-27-2008 09:34 AM

Kathleen...if you go into advanced search and put in Bahamas as a key word and my name as a poster you will find a whole bunch of VERY detailed Bahamas threads. We spent 5 winters there and it is my very favorite place to cruise. Lots of good ICW threads here too.
After you've had a chance to review...ask any other specific questions you've got...there are lots of us here who have been there.

skipmac 11-22-2008 09:13 PM

Lots of great stops but Georgetown Great Exuma is one of my all time favorite harbors. Small town attitude but large enough for good stores, food restocking, local restaurants, etc. But not so large that you get big town crime and worries.

The area has a number of cool places to anchor and is a good launching point if you want to go the less visitied Out Islands. Also direct flights to Miami if you need to get home or have guests fly in to meet you.

Look around and you can find a beach where you see not a single foot print or drop into the local bar for a little camaraderie.

Plus local hotel has one of my favorite names for a tropical destination, the Peace and Plenty.

Good cruising.

Skip

camaraderie 11-22-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipmac (Post 406273)

Look around and you can find a beach where you see not a single foot print or drop into the local bar for a little camaraderie.

I'm sorry but I'm NOT THAT easy!!:eek:

xort 11-27-2008 10:41 AM

cam
you are so quick to misunderstand people...he wasn't saying you are easy, he was saying you are little. Is this where I'm supposed to put a dozen smiley faces?

Vasco 11-27-2008 10:48 AM

Who knows? There may be "little camaraderies" all over the Bahamas.:D :D

xxuxx 12-18-2008 12:44 PM

Abacos

ChECK OUT THE Abacos. Fun to cruise.
Always a good time

bsugg 01-19-2009 02:26 PM

I agree that you should definitely check out the Abacos! It's beautiful and very quite and laid back. Green Turtle Cay is a must!

CaptainForce 01-19-2009 02:34 PM

In addition to the popular "hub" of the Abacos around Marsh Hbr I would recommend some less frequented places like Moraine Cay, Allens-Pensacola, Dinghy to the Blue Hole in Robinson's Bight, Little Harbor. The jump from Little Harbor to Royal Isle & Spanish Wells is only about 70 miles and there are nice stops down Eleuthra through Current Cut,- Hatchet Bay, Governors Harbor; then Exuma Sound to Highborne Cay and down to George Town. 'take care and joy, Aythya crew