SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Cat 30 Line Drawing?

8K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  SailingWebGuy 
#1 ·
Can anyone point me to a profile line drawing for a 1979 era Catalina 30? I've found a zillion deck/cabin views, but I havn't been able to find a profile view.

#4 ·
Glad you joined the group...

You are, of course, still welcome here.

Why don't you post a request there for the drawing.. If you come up dry, I'll look through some of my old paper and see what I have.

You could email the folks at Catalina Yachts, and they would likely help you out as well. They are very customer oriented.

If Frank Butler picks up the phone, tell him I said hello.

David

#6 ·
I have a C30 right now... Had a 22 and 27 as well.

I've been very happy with them.

I used to live in LA and send my wife by the plant to pick up spare parts. They were always courteous and reasonable.

Never met Frank Butler, myself. Hope to shake his hand one day and say "thanks" personally.

My understanding is that he still handles all warranty issues himself.

David

#7 ·
Lines for C-30

I would like to have a good lines drawing for the 30 (if such was ever released).

I recently did the C-27 from a magazine article.

I think it came out pretty ok.

see it at:
www . home.earthlink . net / ~cavelamb / draft

I'd love to add the C-22, C-30, and C-36 if I can find the
information for them.

Have to put that address together because this thing won't let me post URL stuff yet :eek:
Richard

#8 ·
I finally found something useable at 3w mycatalina30 net slash docs slash Catalina_30_Manual dot doc.

David, I'm sure there are a lot of peoplle who feel that way about Mr Butler and Catalina Yachts. Anybody who can sell more boats than his next 10 comptetors has to be doing something right!

Richard, Hopefully this will help you out with the 30. Apparently CY still has some owner's manuals available. I just lucked out and found this on the web. I'm a big fan of free! ;-)

#11 ·
I have a Catalina 27 and have joined the IC27/270 association. They have migrated to a Yahoo group.
IC27A : Catalina 27 Owners Association
One of the regular members, Phil, did many drawings for Catalina. He had one for the 27 and I bet he has for the 30 as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.