SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Where is the C30 forum

6K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Billy654 
#1 ·
If the C30 is the most highly produced 30ft sailboat then why is it that there is not a dedicated forum here?

#6 ·
There are a couple of places for C30 owners

I think a lot of us visit multiple places online. I've been to the C30 International site, and I'm a regular reader at Sailnet, the Yahoo group and CatalinaOwners.com. I see a lot of the same people in all three places and I've learned a lot in all three places.

It doesn't make sense to me that there's no C30 forum here on sailnet regardless of past politics.

Jim

#9 ·
There's a C-30 forum at the link below but most folks just use the Ask All Sailors Forum instead.

Catalina 30 - SailboatOwners.com

The C-30 group uses the rather problematic (lots of issues lately) and antiquated Yahoo Groups list serve as its forum. If you don't mind 30+ emails per day and no ability to embed pics in a post then it's an okay format.

I'd personally love to see the C-30 group get its own vBulletin type forum and step into the modern age..

#12 ·
I have to step in here to correct several mis-statements made by readers of this forum concerning the C30.

The IC30A is alive and well and has its own website - International Catalina 30 Association . It is filled with current info on C30 (and C309) specifications, class rules, events, ships store, for sale, owner mods, fixes, questions and answers.

The Yahoo email list (catalina30) is NOT problematic and DOES allow posting of pictures with emails. It has extensive photo albums and documents.

Unlike Sailnet and other previous servers YAHOO has been a stable home for C30 members for several years now. There are over 1,000 listers enjoying the banter over c30 issues. Our members enjoy the free flow of email messages compared to the logon requirements and strict structure of the antiquated forum approach.

If you have a C30 question, why ask a general forum or a server with only a few owners?
Please come and join the experts at yahoo and support the IC30A by joining and receiving our 100 page member magazine. (and a 400 page tech manual.) No other source can offer you these benefits.

Max Munger IC30A Treasurer and Webmaster.

#13 ·
Hello Max Munger - Treasurer and Webmaster!

The IC30A is a definitely a great source of info. You guys are doing a great job. However, it is a static website. That might make the site and association appear dead. Especially today when people cling to their user interaction with websites.

For example, yesterday I submitted my boat and info to go into the owner's listing on the IC30A website. Today it is not listed there yet. Now that is no big crisis. But..people have grown accustomed to being able slap things up on the net immediately (It's all Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter's fault...haha).

Have there been any thoughts over at the IC30A about turning your website into a big bad ass site with a forum???

#16 ·
Despite the existence of a well used and well liked C30 forum on Yahoo, some of us prefer the more modern and user friendly format such as used here on Sailnet.

So, the question remains...what would it take to create a C30 forum on Sailnet?
Are you a member of the yahoo email list? If so, maybe send out an email to all members asking them to come to this thread and give the idea a thumbs up. Hopefully the Admins will notice and add a C30 forum for us?? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.