SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Good Deal??

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I just got a quote back from the Moorings for $5200. It includes a 36 ft boat for 7 days with provisions in Baja, mid February. It does not include airfare. We want to sail this winter where its warm....but trying to grow the kitty too.

Any advise or alternative suggestions?

Thanks,
John

#2 ·
this is very difficult to answer , it all depends on timing, on location on the charter company and so forth ... Does this amount include all other fees?

Just to make you crinch ... I am renting a 99 Island Spirit 37 Catamarane for 15 days in the bvi''s . With ALL extra expenses, like Mooring fees, Marine Park fees per persons,Insurance, and all kinds of other small things which add up. like filling the boat with diesel on our return ( and of course on our departure) a nice complimentary hull cleaning, extra towels, extra coolers, all the ice we can carry ( on departure ) and so forth.....

I am paying ( sit down now ! ) 3500 bucks

Thorsten

#3 ·
Hi Thorsten,

Wow! Seems you are the smart shopper! Fifteen days for $3500? Now that sounds like a good deal.

I''m getting a no on the Moorings.

We did want to charter in Baja but not bad enough to spend over 5 k for a week.

Onward to plan B.

Thanks for the info,
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.