SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Reputable, Inexpensive, 3day charter in the bahamas????????

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Minnewaska 
#1 ·
My Better-Half and I are going to be looking at boats in Florida mid February. After all the hard dock and bilge crawling we were thinking of treating ourselves to a short sail in the Bahamas. Does anyone know of a small charter company that does 3 or 4 day bare-boat charters out of there. we would want a smallish mono-hull 30ft or so?

Thanks in advance for the great ideas and information...

Bill
Someday. SVHandY

#3 ·
The best economy in bareboating is to get another couple to come along and split the cost of a full week.

I have sometimes wondered if you showed up and there was an unrented boat in their fleet, whether you could make a deal on the spot, even for a few days. Given their fixed cost of prepping, checking you out and cleaning, they still may not find it worth the trouble.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.