SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Chartering from Owner of Fleet Boat

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I recently contacted a very nice gentleman
who has a boat, in the Moorings fleet I believe, and is offering to sell part of his
owners time to me (to grab a short charter)
later this summer. The price is good and I
just wondered if anyone had any experience
with such arrangements.

#4 ·
We own a boat, Lagoon 410, in charter with Sunsail and I can assure you that you get same or actually better service than regular charterers when you book trough the owner and in our case a 25% discount.
The link with www.sailonline.com has all the information that you may neeed.
The only problem that we have encountered is that the boat is sometimes already booked when we inquire about any given time period and also the fact that we have only 4 weeks of personal use, so they sell pretty fast. The answer is to reserve early in order to get the timeframe you want.

Best of luck

Herve

#6 ·
I have a 505 with the Moorings. Since I can''t use all 8 weeks available to me I sell several. Normally I discount 40% of the Moorings rate so the discount is large. The Moorings handles the booking and the paperwork is forwarded directly to the user. You will receive the same treatment as any other Charter or perhaps better since you are a guest of an owner. Sail of owners weeks is a contractual item. Some companies do not allow it or discourage it. Sunsail and the Moorings advertise it as a perk of ownership and a way to offset the cost. You can go to www.sailonline.com for a list of owners with extra time to sell.
George CP73NA@cs.com

#10 ·
I previously owned a moorings boat and sold 1 chareter a year. You wont know notice any difference in treatment. You pay the owner (at a discount) he books the charter with the
owners desk and your off and sailing. If anyone is interested in upgrading to a nicer yacht for less money and more flexability visit my website at www.yachtlease.net. We charter Cirrus out 3 times a year to qualified sailors. New sails, dodger/bimini,inverter, TV, Moving map Gps..much more. jeff 972-774-8145

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.