SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Charter in Tampa, St Pete, Ft Meyers, Marco?

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  C205 
#1 ·
My wife and I are looking to bareboat charter anywhere from Tampa area down to Marco (West/SW Florida area). Looking for a 40'-ish monohull(s) that are in good shape with 2-3 cabins.

I've searched and I'm really surprised that there aren't any charter companies that seem more than a couple of older boats (which seem like brokers for individual owners).

Any advice? Any first hand experience with these charter companies?

Thanks!

#4 ·
#6 ·
I recently chartered with Sailing Florida, and did a daysail with Southwest Florida last winter.

I'd recommend both of them. The cruising grounds in the Gasparilla Sound (Southwest) are nicer, as most of Tampa Bay is too shallow, and there is only one really nice anchorage. My memory is that the boats at Sailing Florida are both newer and less expensive. The staff at both are quite good, and the actual marina at both places are very nice.

I don't think you would really go wrong with either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.