SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

CHARTERING IN THE B V I's

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever charter from Goldy-Lux charter(goldylux.com? I Have charter with SUN SAIL, HORIZON YACHT CHARTERS in the past but this time waited to long and now no boats. Any input would kindly appreciated.
PS.
someone recommended Goldy-Lux but never charted w/them.

#11 ·
We're chartering with SunSail with a flotilla in April -- a first time for the family -- wife and two kids (9,11). Any suggestions for nice visiting spots as well as ideas to keep the kids interested along the way? Not that I'm real worried about that - but I would like them to be asking "when we can do this again" as we are heading home!

Thanks --

#12 ·
Bernie K,

Suggest you visit your nearest West Marine, or purchase online a BVI cruising guide. It will be invaluable, and contains everything you need to know.

Also, lots of online sites have good info.

The BVI is one of the best -- and best known -- sailing areas in the world. TONS of info available.

You'll have a great time. Sit back and enjoy the ride :)

Bill

#13 ·
Bernie...here's a site with a good 7 day itinerary and descriptions and photos of spots to see.
http://www.bareboatsbvi.com/bareboat_sailing_itinerary.html
My guess is that your flotilla will hit most of these. My own kids used to love the caves at Norman Island and the Baths the best. You do NOT want to visit the WillyT with them even if the flotilla stops there. Go to the hamburger shack on Norman Island instead if the rest of the fleet is at Willy's and the kids will have a good time. Try the ROTI PALACE chicken roti's in RoadTown tortola if you stop there. If the kids like to sail...you can rent small boats in VirginGorda north sound which is very protected and they can have their own fun (Bitter End Yacht Club).
Have fun! ...and here's the cruising guide you need that Bill mentioned:
http://www.cruisingguides.com/detail.asp?product_id=cgvi

#15 ·
Thank you all for your great comments -- that is what is so great about this board! Individuals such as yourselves take the time to help out sailor wannabees... I'm going to pick up the the cruising guide tomorrow. Thanks so much for the sites --- only one month to go!.

Appreciate the warning on Willy T.

Again, thanks for your replies!

Bernie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.