SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Bareboats in LaPaz?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ughmo2000 
#1 ·
Anyone know of any charter opportunities for a bareboat cat in LaPaz?

The Boss and I would like to play in the Cortez for a couple weeks.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cliff

#5 ·
I have to agree with Sonny. La Paz is a wonderful trip. We went in October 2005. Four of us on a M403 and had a super trip. The Moorings is the only game in La Paz for bareboats, unless you can fine a private party, but their service was outstanding. The briefing was very good (thanks Mike) and the area is stunning. My impression was that it was very much like Tucson with water. Most of the time we had an anchorage to our selves, including two nights at Isle de San Francisco. You are your own party, there are no places to go ashore and find any nightlife like in the BVI, but it is a very relaxing place. Be aware of the prevailing winds for the time of year you are there and find appropriate anchorages that are sheltered. Also take fishing gear - we trolled off the back of the boat and caught fish nearly every day. Several skipjack tuna, which are generally not worth eating, but also dorado which are excellent. We had fresh fish for dinner almost every night.

Provisioning is easy as there are several large grocery stores in La Paz. Negotiate your cab fare before you get into the cab - five bucks will generally get you anywhere in town. Ask the locals for dinner suggestions - Bismark II is excellent. Have a great time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.