SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

chartering company to choose in greece?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am about to make a booking for a one week charter in Kos. I am about to choose between two companies: Seafarer or Easysailing. They gave me almost the same price for Lagoon 380. Any information about them? Any recoomendatins on which one I shall choose?

#4 ·
Giulietta said:
Singing cruises are 15 Euros more per day per person..

We provide free Portuguese wine....:D
This means you pay an extra 15 Euros to get him to stop per day, per person. :D

#6 ·
Seafarer chartering has a good reputation and they mainly operate out of Samos. Moorings has a serious outfit in Kos and I agree that you should ask a quote from them if not only to compare price. Avoid Easysailing because they will just broker the deal for another company active in the field. In a parallel thread, you ask whether it is possible for your wife to go around naked in front of the skipper of the boat you will charter. Well, it might be possible but certainly is not appropriate to do it in an exhibitionist, provocative and persistant manner, unless she along with you are naturists, in which case you should look for specific websites and like holidays!
PS: Till the end of the month you are entitled to an early booking discount.

#7 ·
We had chartered out of Kos last year with the Moorings. Great base and great boat M494. They are very helpful and Andre, the base manager is a great person.

They check the vessel very carefully and have a diver go below the water line to check for any damage; it's impoortant that you don't ground the boat. They also have additional insurance to cover the deductible, which I believe is $7000. US (that is the ductible without the extra rider.

Also try www.sailonline.com for Mooring owners who may be selling their owners' time. It's about 50% off the moorings rates.

#8 ·
Greek Alternative

Here's another Greek company that I've used & others have used on several occasions.........very good. They have a small fleet but also broker to help You find exactly what You need ..............they set up (brokered) boats for us in Kos.....and I used them in Athens too.

http://www.egiali-yachting.gr/index.html

Have a great time.................Greece is still my favorite.:cool:

#10 ·
We too chartered a 43' boat from the Moorings in Kos 2003 . The boat was
only 3 months old. The previous post is correct in their positive comments regarding Andre and the Moorings team. We all had a great week sailing
from island to island.

Jerry - Hastings on Hudson,NY

#11 ·
How to know if the Charter is reliable of Scam in Greece

Hi Leventypan: I just saw your forum from 2006 about wich company you should use to charter a boat in Greece? Currenly I am about to do the same but first I would like to make sure that the company that wich I am dealing with is reliable and not an scam. So I was wondering if you can tell me how was your expirience. Did you make any business with any of these Seafarer or Easysailing?
Best Regards, Padin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.