SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Charter in Florida - Fort Meyers Area

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  MSN2Travelers 
#1 ·
Hi Folks -

Can anyone recommend a good charter operation in the Fort Meyers, Florida, area?

I can't seem to find anything like SunSail, which I have used in St. Petersburg (2006). I need a 32-36 foot boat for 4 days to just kick back.

I eagerly await your tips!

Thanks -

Rob

#4 ·
We may need a moderator as we have, what looks to be a jerk named cdosh.

#7 ·
Back up guys, OP is just looking for "opinions" on charter companies in the Ft Meyers area, and experiences that people may have had with them, both good and bad. Sounds like Verena may have had a not so good experience, and he gave us his report, fair enouth. However that does not mean that another person could not have had a great experience with the same company. Bottom line, Robrichtx is looking for some help, and at the end of the day will make up his own mind on which company to go with. So lets not turn his post into target practice on each other.

#10 ·
Resurrect or start new ...

Cam ...

Great Lakes sailor here, that is thinking about doing his first bareboat charter, next year.

I have family in the Punta Gorda / Fort Myer area. So I would like to hear anything about charter outfits in the SW Florida area, even if the original thread is ancient.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.