SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Chartering on Lake Champlain

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  latitude23 
#1 ·
We have chartered the past 3 summers on Lake Champlain in upstate NY / Vermont and have used a broker call Navtours who has boats in Mooney Bay, NY. We have also heard about a company call Winds of Ireland in Burlington, VT. Has anyone had experiences with these companies, good or bad, and/or know of any other places to charter from on Lake Champlain. We are planning to go to the BVI next spring but may go again to the Lake as well.

#2 ·
I used to live just south of Burlington and chartered with Winds of Ireland several times ('95-'99) while saving up for my own boat. I thought they had a really good operation, but I was one of their few in-town customers, so they got to know me pretty well and took care of me - your experience may vary. They always kept the boats and gear in good shape and they were easygoing and friendly. Thankfully, I had no experience with their on-water service, so I can't give any advice there!

I keep meaning to head back up there and charter from them again (Lake Champlain is fantastic!), but life keeps getting in the way...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.