Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Chartering
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2010
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
Barefoot does not intend to respond to what are essentially a pack of lies by a few disgruntled folks out of many thousands who have chartered with us over the past 25 years, but for the sake of transparency, we'll say this -

a. captainampmiser is none other than the original mauigirl poster, still indignant 8 years on, and still posting falsehoods, albeit it this time under a different name.

b. littleships is yacht broker Tony Brewer of the Little Ship's Company in St Martin. His statements contain inaccuracies, but it's interesting that he refers to the yacht's owner as "my bud" when in fact he is representing the buyer and not the seller. The seller was well aware of the pre-booked charters as he had leased the yacht to the company.

They say that there are 3 sides to every story and we would hope that most folks are intelligent enough to do their due diligence and ascertain the truthful side for themselves rather than to be swayed by self-indulgent falsehoods.

Seth
Barefoot Yacht Charters
St Vincent
To all readers of this thread:

I tend to agree with Seth.

Captainampmiser is Mauigirl. I suspect, giving the benefit of the doubt, that Mauigirl simply forgot her password and signed on as a new member which is why she is using a new address. She also admits that she is Mauigirl, upfront, in her post. I will be PM'ing her to alert her that one of the signon's must go or I will ban the entire accounts as this is strictly against the rules.

Tallships certinaly appears to be a broker and also posts from where Seth at BF CHarters says he does (almost). Tallships - you are required to put FULL DISCLOSURE here that you are a yacht broker. I have your IP and location. Please add that to your signature line. I will be PM'ing you also.

As far as some of the other sock puppets that has been suggested, I will work on that a bit later. Some of these posters are very old and some have come from a marina with a public IP which means I can only track to the marina so I cannot narrow it down to the exact 'boat' that posted. Many marinas and libraries and other public routers are like that. However, I will keep a close eye.

I cannot say for or against BF Charters. I hvae not had the pleasure of using them. I do hope that any readers of this thread will review all of the information before making a decision as there are two sides to every story.

I could delete this thread, but that will NOT remove it from being cached on Google or the other search engines. It is there, forever. So when someone googles on it, they will pick up the cached thread and may not read all of it and may not have enough info so that Seth at BF can voice his side of the story. That is why I am leaving it up, because I think it will support Seth's side of the story better.

And let's be fair to both sides: If Bare Foot Charters was as bad as reported, then we would be having a LOT of threads on here about it. Gawd knows sailors like to complain and a serious problem in the marine business is like cancer and spreads quickly everywhere. Instead, this is about the only concern and is very old and the main complainer is the same person twice (captainamp and mauigirl). On the flip side, every company has a bad day and an off day, but the concerns levied by this user(s) seem very disturbing. Personally, with the informatino I have read, I would not have a problem considering Barefoot Charters - all things being equal. But I would also walk into this, and all business transactions, with my eyes wide open. Caveat Emptor.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2010

LITTLESHIPS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to LITTLESHIPS
Littleships agrees Brian moderator: My profile has been further updated and reflects my profession.In previous posts last year ( maybe even two years ago) a moderator came back to me and I was cautioned from mentioning my proffession on this blog lest I be seen to be trying to drum up business! A google search of Littleships throws up my website. I have absolutely nothing to hide.You will note in my posts that I was merely trying to get information from others who had trodden this path previously and that I was (QUOTE:" hopeful they can be resolved...try not to give up hope on the essential goodness of mankind"
Certainly some the issues bought up by DaveBC and Mauigirl were mirrirred in my clients experience...hence my enquiries. At the end of the day we all have to live with ourselves and our actions!!!
Old 11-19-2010
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLESHIPS View Post
Littleships agrees Brian moderator: My profile has been further updated and reflects my profession.In previous posts last year ( maybe even two years ago) a moderator came back to me and I was cautioned from mentioning my proffession on this blog lest I be seen to be trying to drum up business! A google search of Littleships throws up my website. I have absolutely nothing to hide.You will note in my posts that I was merely trying to get information from others who had trodden this path previously and that I was (QUOTE:" hopeful they can be resolved...try not to give up hope on the essential goodness of mankind"
Certainly some the issues bought up by DaveBC and Mauigirl were mirrirred in my clients experience...hence my enquiries. At the end of the day we all have to live with ourselves and our actions!!!
THanks for the update LS. And I was not accussatory in anything I said, just pointing out the accuracies of what the charter company posted. I take no sides in this.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 11-19-2010

No offence taken,moderator Brian. I understand the need for strict rules to be enforced in a forum such as this. I have not at any stage tried to be anonymous....had I wanted to be anonymous I would have posted under another alias.
I will just agree to disagree the SamSpade/Seth et al from barefoot with regards to the "pack of lies" he accuses me ( and everyone else of.) DaveBC certainly seemd to have all his facts pretty factual (Sent the the Prime Minister of St Vincent no less! )and the fact that Mauigirl is still angry 8 years later may just show the depth of trauma they suffered. Then there were the sailing course people... whatever. I am sure Barefoot have had many happy repeat customers as well. Certainly they run out of a lovely base with a great little hotel with a restaurant that serves the most awesome homemade pizza Not possible to please eveyone all of the time, I suppose.
Old 11-19-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Please be aware that the Special Interest Disclosure policy REQUIRES that you have your business affiliation in your title or signature. You currently DO NOT...

Quote:

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 11-19-2010

Hi Sailing Dog:... If you are referring to me, Littleships...actually I do please look again and read the thread. It says Professional Yacht broker right at the bottom......If you click on my public profile it is all there....
Old 11-19-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
You didn't at the time I posted... based on the post I quoted...there was no signature disclaimer.

Quote:
Hi Sailing Dog:... If you are referring to me, Littleships...actually I do please look again and read the thread. It says Professional Yacht broker right at the bottom......If you click on my public profile it is all there....

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 11-20-2010

ffiill is on a distinguished road
All this sounds abit like those e mails you get claiming to come from your Bank asking for security details!People have a habit of writing in a paticular way no matter how many aliases they use!
Old 11-21-2010
islander bahama 24

newhaul is on a distinguished road
does anyone realize that the original thread ended with post #12 on 09-24-2002 then was revived in august of this year just my 2 cents worth this belongs in a new category that i feel should be made called rants and raves.
or call it b&g (bitch & gripe) i got reprimanded for accidental reviving a post that was 4 years old when i joined.

Old 11-21-2010

Gentlepeople, The Littleship Co. and their prospective buyer of the vessel concerned were able to ammicably settle this whole matter with the Seller of the vessel and Barefoot Charters. As the vessel was unable to leave the charter fleet anytime soon the deal which called for a closing on the 20th November 2010 was cancelled with no penalties to anyone.
We thank all contributors for their input for what has been both an illuminatory and instructive experience. This will be the last post from us in this regard.