SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Did Footloose in BVI last week

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  eherlihy 
#1 ·
Go here for pics.

It was much fun, the sailing was pretty sporty. Starting at about noon on the 18th the wind came up and stayed close to 20kts the whole time. We also got what was in the words of the NOAA weather radio "the largest winter swell since the perfect storm event of 1991"

We had long interval northerly swells of 15 - 22 ft. There were breakers at the baths and rolling into Cane Garden Bay, surfers were getting overhead curls on the reef outside of Spanishtown, and the pictures do NOT do justice to the crashing we saw on the northern shorelines. Had a great time though.

#2 ·
Very nice... thanks for sharing. :) What kind of boat were you on??

#5 ·
I did see a dinghy there in the trees, no I decided against it.

Took me a while to find the name plate. (ok I was preoccupied with rum and Carib) it was a Gib'sea 43.

You don't have to log in, you should be able to click on my album (the weird cat) and it will give you the sub albums.

#4 ·
Too many accounts already

Can't see the pics unless I login or register....:confused: :(

#7 ·
Got it - Thanks!!

Looks like a great week!

Anytime that my wife get's thinking about a cat, I remind her of our cruise in similar conditions.. The cat went for a ride, while we watched, and were glad not to be with them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.