SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Chartering (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chartering/)
-   -   BVi Charter --Horizon Yacht Charter Company (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chartering/46730-bvi-charter-horizon-yacht-charter-company.html)

Yamsailor 09-03-2008 04:29 PM

BVi Charter --Horizon Yacht Charter Company

Hi All,

I am planning on visiting the BVI's in January 2009. Does anyone know about Horizon Yacht Charters? How do they treat their customers? How do they compare with the Moorings and Sunsail?

Thanks!

harryrezz 09-29-2008 11:15 AM

Decent reputation ... see their boats around from time to time and they look OK.

Zanshin 09-29-2008 11:28 AM

I see them around a lot as well. I would suggest you visit the Traveltalk Online BVI Forum and ask your question there and I'm certain you will get a lot of responses.

markdigi 10-27-2008 07:09 PM

I've used them twice and was pleased both times. The boats are well maintained and the price was somewhat less than Moorings. What I like most is that they're a smaller outfit and I've found that it's quicker getting off the dock compared to the chaos that I've encountered at the Moorings.

And they've always treated me well.

lcdittmar 11-03-2008 02:27 PM

I have also used them twice for BVI charters. It is a very well run organization and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Yamsailor 11-05-2008 06:10 PM

Horizon Yacht Charters-BVI

Thank you for the info guys!

tdw 04-26-2009 08:45 PM

Warning
<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Scott is a Web Marketer and according to the link below, is currently setting up a Blog on behalf of Horizon. My guess is that his Web Marketing business has Horizon as a client.

My suggestion is that anyone reading his posts, takes his advice with a grain of salt.

Scott Jacob's Public Profile

"Scott Jacob Creating new Blog for HYC"

Scott....do not post anymore unpaid advertisements for anyone.

Are you going to come clean on your commercial arrangements with Horizon ?

DropTop 05-22-2009 11:46 PM

I know this thread is a little old, but I figure someone might read it in the future trying to find info about Horizon.

I've never chartered with them, but I spent a few days in Nanny Cay Marina where they are baised a couple years ago on a trip through the BVI while I did some repairs on our boat. I had a few dealings with them while trying locate places to get parts and tools over the course of the weekend I was there.

They were very freindly and extremly helpfull in getting good advice on everything from the local taxi's to calling west marine and asking a favor from the girl working to stay open a few minutes extra so we could get our badly need parts that night (it was a sunday).

If they take care of their boats and customers as well as they do other sailors in the marina, I would definitly reccomend them.

wind4me 07-27-2009 05:41 PM

Hyc

I've used them and had a bad experience. Found the boat to be poorly equipped, we broke down and we lost one day waiting on repairs.

Having said that, I have to say that I researched all the companies thoroughly before going and HYC got stellar reviews almost across the board ....that's why I chose them.

seariders 08-19-2009 12:20 AM

Trust me, anyone but BVI Yacht Charters...:(