SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Australia chatering?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  chall03 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I searched for 'australia charter' and found nothing. Does anyone have any recommended companies that operate around the Whitesunday's? Seems like a nice place to go for a big catamaran charter with a couple friends.

Regards,

Yellowwducky

#3 ·
I live in Sydney, and we go up to the Whitsundays at least every year if not more often.
Here are some websites of companies operating in the region.

Bareboat Whitsundays, Cumberland Charter Yachts, Airlie Beach, Whitsundays, Australia ( cumberland charter yachts)
Whitsunday Escape
Sunsail Yacht Charters Asia Pacific : Luxury Yacht Charters
Whitsunday Bareboat Yacht Charters - Sailing Whitsundays

All have cats. There are other companies in the region as well but the above I have all had firsthand experience with and would happily recommend.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

#5 ·
Ive read some of your other posts yellowducky, and it seems that you are keen to try and get into some cruising one step at a time. My advice would be if practical a charter somewhere like the Whitsundays would be an ideal way to introduce your wife to the experience, and would also in controlled conditions give you an opportunity to be in charge of a vessel and acrue experience. Plus its just a lot of fun :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.