Sail Caribe, Puerto Ricl - SailNet Community

   Search Sailnet:

 forums  store  


Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here






Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Chartering
 Not a Member? 


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-11-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 0
l_lym is on a distinguished road
Sail Caribe, Puerto Ricl

There's once again a charter operation in Fajardo. Sail Caribe seems to be a mix of a Charter and SailTime management operation. Has anyone chartered from them?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #2  
Old 02-25-2009
arisatx's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Evanston
Posts: 299
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 11
arisatx is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_lym View Post
There's once again a charter operation in Fajardo. Sail Caribe seems to be a mix of a Charter and SailTime management operation. Has anyone chartered from them?
Yup - just did a week in early Feb w/them. SVI's were great. Sail Caribe was great to work with. Wasn't sure we'd like the Hunters, but they worked out OK. They also have Lagoon cats - if multihulls are your thing. I'd go back again.
__________________
Regards,
Ted
V42#186
s/v Little Wing
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #3  
Old 05-12-2009
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
DawnB is on a distinguished road
Hi, Can you give me more information on this charter company?

We are looking to charter at Christmas next year, and would like to know more about them.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #4  
Old 05-16-2009
arisatx's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Evanston
Posts: 299
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 11
arisatx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnB View Post
Hi, Can you give me more information on this charter company?

We are looking to charter at Christmas next year, and would like to know more about them.

Thanks!
DawnB:

What would you like to know? For general info, I would suggest giving them a call or visiting Puerto Rico Yacht Charters -Bareboat Sailing & Catamaran Charters Spanish Virgin Islands
__________________
Regards,
Ted
V42#186
s/v Little Wing
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #5  
Old 06-03-2009
JSL3's Avatar
<----- thinking of this
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chesapeake Bay, South River
Posts: 187
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 8
JSL3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arisatx View Post
Yup - just did a week in early Feb w/them. SVI's were great. Sail Caribe was great to work with. Wasn't sure we'd like the Hunters, but they worked out OK. They also have Lagoon cats - if multihulls are your thing. I'd go back again.
Were the Spainsh Virgins crowded?

Anyone else been to the SVIs who can commment? I have no data at all to support this, but the proximity to Puerto Rico seems to me could mean a lot of power boaters. From my limited knowledge of the area, it looks to be a pretty cool destination.

I'm considering a trip and I'm sure time of year makes a difference on crowds. I'm thinking early February.
__________________
~Jim
Ramble On
1986 Pearson 28-2
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #6  
Old 06-03-2009
arisatx's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Evanston
Posts: 299
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 11
arisatx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSL3 View Post
Were the Spainsh Virgins crowded?

Anyone else been to the SVIs who can commment? I have no data at all to support this, but the proximity to Puerto Rico seems to me could mean a lot of power boaters. From my limited knowledge of the area, it looks to be a pretty cool destination.

I'm considering a trip and I'm sure time of year makes a difference on crowds. I'm thinking early February.
Nope. Not compared to the BVI's. Sure some of the popular / closer anchorages do get a little crowded, but mostly on the weekends. During the week we went, we had many anchorages almost to ourselves. It was blowing pretty good and most days there were small craft advisories which may have kept the stinkpots in port - but from what I've read, the SVI's tend to be pretty uncrowded in general. It is a cool destination. We had a migrating humpback glide past us at anchor - how cool is that!
__________________
Regards,
Ted
V42#186
s/v Little Wing
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #7  
Old 06-04-2009
JSL3's Avatar
<----- thinking of this
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chesapeake Bay, South River
Posts: 187
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 8
JSL3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arisatx View Post
Nope. Not compared to the BVI's. Sure some of the popular / closer anchorages do get a little crowded, but mostly on the weekends. During the week we went, we had many anchorages almost to ourselves. It was blowing pretty good and most days there were small craft advisories which may have kept the stinkpots in port - but from what I've read, the SVI's tend to be pretty uncrowded in general. It is a cool destination. We had a migrating humpback glide past us at anchor - how cool is that!
Great, that was what I was hoping to hear. Thanks Ted. I sent a request for more info off to Puerto Rico Yacht Charters.

The humpback sighting is incredible.
__________________
~Jim
Ramble On
1986 Pearson 28-2
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #8  
Old 06-04-2009
arisatx's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Evanston
Posts: 299
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 11
arisatx is on a distinguished road
Smile

Jim:
Here's Ensenada Honda anchorage on Vieques to give you an idea of how crowded it was:

__________________
Regards,
Ted
V42#186
s/v Little Wing
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
  #9  
Old 06-07-2009
JSL3's Avatar
<----- thinking of this
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chesapeake Bay, South River
Posts: 187
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 8
JSL3 is on a distinguished road
very nice. we made contact with PR Yacht charters and got some details. now i just have to get the rest of the crew on board. it looks like a good possibility.
thanks for the advice.
__________________
~Jim
Ramble On
1986 Pearson 28-2
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

 
Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sloop, Cutter or Ketch jsgsail Boat Review and Purchase Forum 17 12-26-2008 02:47 PM
Headsail Reefing Basics Brian Hancock Gear and Maintenance Articles 0 08-05-2004 08:00 PM
The Basics of Reefing Mark Matthews Seamanship Articles 0 03-29-2004 07:00 PM
Sail Care and Cleaning Kathy Barron Gear and Maintenance Articles 0 10-20-2003 08:00 PM
First Sail of the Season Bruce Caldwell Seamanship Articles 0 06-05-2003 08:00 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 PM.

Add to My Yahoo!         
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012

The SailNet.com store is owned and operated by a company independent of the SailNet.com forum. You are now leaving the SailNet forum. Click OK to continue or Cancel to return to the SailNet forum.