Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Chartering
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2010

Bellita is on a distinguished road
Savanna bay on Virgin Gorda is one of my favorites, and usually not crowded as most people don't see how to get in. It may be marked as off limits from the charter companies, but the first 5 years I chartered I went in and have been going since in my own boat.
go into google earth and put the coordinates of 18.28.00.94N 64.25.37.00W and it will take you right to the entrance of the bay. Go in between 10am and 1pm on a sunny day so you see the cut. it's about 50 feet wide. stay an equal distance off the shore and you'll be in approx 15 feet of water. there will be 3 coral heads after you enter in (they show up on google) that are easily avoided as they show up really dark in the water. once past them, stay in the darker water and find a point off the beach you like. slowly go in and anchor in about 10 feet of water to avoid too much bounce from any northerly swells. if you have east, NE, SE winds, it will be calm and wonderful for overnight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2010

wind4me is on a distinguished road
I routinely go West to JVD my first day but I have to say I only sail in the BVI's in June and I never hang around Tortolla longer than I have to. There's nothing there unless you've flown all the way to the islands to drink in a bar. Trellis Bay is a ghetto, The Bite....forget it, Manchioneel Bay.....mostly quiet but nothing special, Great Harbour JVD ( we call it Not So Great Harbour). This is my last year in the BVI then we're moving on to the Grenadines. I've planned 2 nights in JVD, 2 nights in Anegada, 2 nights in the North Sound and one night in Peter Island before I return the boat. Three decent sails and some nice anchorages. Have fun.....I've never done Anegada but I don't care how big the bugs are....I've read enough good stuff about it to roll the dice. Yamsailor seems like he's got a handle on it !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.