SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Am I crazy?

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  carib99 
#1 ·
I''m thinking about offering my boat for charter. It''s a 2000 Beneteau 411 and located in Key Largo. In perfect condition. http://www.gjhconsulting.com/Paris/

Now... I don''t mean "putting it into charter". I mean, just listing it here and elsewhere myself. Maybe 1 or 2 weeks between now and April 1.

I only have one question. AM I CRAZY?

#4 ·
Check with your insurance company because they will have an opinion about your plans. How confident are you about screening potential charterers for their skills and experience? Do you think they will treat the boat as their own, or as a rental?

On the whole, I vote for "CRAZY." But that''s just me.

#8 ·
I may be crazy too, but... I and my wife have been looking for an opportunity for a one- or two-month boat lease in s. fla/abacos, @ March, April, May 04. Such a time period would be prohibitive on a traditional charter through a Moorings, for instance, but we are wondering if a longer-term arrangement is feasible with a private owner who would like the income. If you''d discuss, please reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.