Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Chartering
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2010

Ryans222 is on a distinguished road
In BVI's for the Super Bowl

Well it looks like we will be in the BVI's for the Super Bowl on Sunday Feb 7th. Where are some good spots to watch the game ( maybe even the Jets at time of writing!)?

I know Pirates Reastaurant on Norman has football. Willy-T's have a TV? We will most likely be in JVD that Saturday night so maybe Cane Garden Bay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2010

k1vsk will become famous soon enough
Every place you go into will have that game on. Particularly at that time of year, the BVI is over-run by Americans and every place will either have the game on or install another TV specifically for it for no other reason than to avoid watching all those American dollars travel across the road.
Old 01-12-2010

JimM is on a distinguished road
You can watch projected on a huge screen at the Bitter End.
Old 01-12-2010

justified is on a distinguished road
Ryans
I don't want to insult your priorities, but IMHO unless you are not going with a beautiful woman -then go ahead and find a bar and waste your sail time. Realy on a sailboat in the islands with a beautiful woman get a radio, you only have a few days left. Have a great trip I'll route for your team hear in the cold NE.
Old 01-13-2010

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
The Bath and Turtle in the Virgin Gorda Yacht Harbour will certainly have it, or the projection screen at Mulligan's at Nanny Cay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-13-2010

In BVI's for Super Bowl

I am liking the projection screen idea's on Virgin Gorda - it shows commitment for the night from the bar. BEYC and VGYC the types for some cuzzie, t-shirt and a big blow-up miller light chair give aways. I would look cool towing a blow-up chair behind me into Road Town! I'm thinking probably not

I have never been to Corsairs on JVD but it sounds lie a place where football fans would congregate; high -fives, shouting and betting.
Old 01-24-2010

Sailor4698 is on a distinguished road
In BVI's for Super Bowl

Hey Ryans! We'll be in BVIs then too. Huge Jets fan hoping for win today, but will be watching no matter who's in the game. I was thinking maybe Soper's Hole for the Super Bowl on Sunday. Have you decided?

And as for Justified...would it offend your "priorities" to tell you I'm a 44 year old guy sailing with THREE beautiful woman who love football almost as much as I do? Yep...just me and the 3 girls...oh darn! I love sailing as much as any sailor....but I beleive in a well balanced life! Sailing, beautiful women AND footbal all at the same time. You should try it
Old 01-25-2010

brigadoonboat is on a distinguished road
the loose mongoose in Trellis Bay has a tv set up on the beach next to the bar. its casual and fun, we did it a few years ago and I am sure they will do it again. they have tvs in the bar, but watching a tv tied down on a pile of beer cases is unique.
of all the places we visited last week, Loose Mongoose was the most pleasant.
Old 01-26-2010

BVI for SuperBowl

Thanks Paul (Brigadoon) for Da Loose Mongoose suggestion. If I am over in that area I was thing about checking out - good to hear they have TV's so I can keep tans on my bets, which could be involved since the Jets are not involved - could not bet against them.

Sailor4698 - I have not been to Sopers in about 13 years and I think we only landed in Pussers for lunch - maybe worth slippin' in there for a night to explore on that Sunday. We (wife and I) will be causing trouble on JVD's beach bars with a night in Great Harbour and will decide our next days ambition based on the amount of "fun" we have that night. If I see a 44 year old with 3 beautiful women, I'll ask where ther head'in for the game.

Sean
Old 01-28-2010

The Jolly Rodger at Sopers is having 7 screens, Bud Bowl Raffles for prizes and T-Shirts, BBQ and Dinner and Football Pools as per Lou of the Jolly.

Thinking that is my spot. JVD that Saturday - I short sail to west end and another great day in paradise.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.