Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Chartering
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2010

RooskiSailor is on a distinguished road
BVI Yacht Charters

Has anyone heard about these guys? Their fleet appears to be pretty new and their prices are great. Last time we went, we rented from Moorings and our experience was not great. Hoping for a new boat this time around and just stumbled on this company's website.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-08-2010

PierreMundo is on a distinguished road
Great people and service. Very good boats. Look at their website. Make your choice for year, boat and price. You get where you paid for.
I sailed 4 times with them over the last 12 years and had worry free weeks. Good luck. Pierre
Old 03-14-2010

EDonWalsh is on a distinguished road
I've chartered in the BVI twice in the past 5 years: once w/ BVI Yacht Charters and once with TMM. BVI Yacht Charters was light years ahead of TMM as far as the condition of the boat and the quality of service. Next month I'm trying a Bahama charter for a change. But, if I were going back to the BVI, BVI yacht charters would be the first company that I'd check with.
Old 03-18-2010

stormyatbvibound is on a distinguished road
I have not personally chartered with them but I have heard lots of good things about them on the forums the last couple of years.
Old 04-06-2010
Midwest Sailor

gmnord is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to gmnord
Highly recommend BVIYC

I've chartered a total of 4 weeks with BVIYC -- two Beneteu 44s, and most recently (feb 2009) Isle Dance (Ben 46) and Mistral (Ben 50) back to back (yes, 16 days at sail). I have sailed twice with TMM, and consider them a good company, would sail with them again, but BVIYC is first choice.

Their service is over the top -- they maintain their boats well and are devoted to client satisfaction. They sent a mainsl batten from Road harbor to Marina Cay within hours -- accomodating our schedule which included time at the Baths before mooring at Marina Cay late afternoon on a saturday. Anthony is head of their service and can talk you through any topic -- corroded starter cables, windlass glitches, anything that came up, any hour of the day.

Their location at Port Purcell also is very easy access to Road Harbor, in or out. TMM and others on the west side of the harbor can have some tricky passages through shoals. Port Purcell is a piece of cake, and is 5 minutes walk to provision.

I can't imagine any disappointments with BVIYC.
Old 04-08-2010

RealityCheck is on a distinguished road
I've also used BVIYC and had great experience with them. Only beware... I bought a boat because I loved it so much and now living on it in da islands.
Old 06-11-2010

sailtimeci is on a distinguished road
We have annual flotillas in the BVI and at some point have chartered all of the boats in the BVIYC fleet. We very rarely have any problems with the boats and if we do the company is quick to make things right. They are a highlight of our trip every year!
Old 06-16-2010

Winterstale is on a distinguished road
Happy to hear this! I am leaving for a charter in two weeks - we're sailing their 40CC, "Trinity", in the BVI.
Old 06-18-2010
Dreamer

Sailnbug is on a distinguished road
Moorings is the way to go. Absolutely flawless operation
Old 08-22-2010

jonchimpo is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Steer clear of TMM

My uncle las been sailing for 15 years. Long story short. We charted the Shauna Raye out of Tortola with TMM this past June. A few days in it took on water. We have pictures of old dingy line damage on the prop that was already grown over. Plus, rusted and broken motor mounts. The water was leaking through the drive shaft diaphragm. Actually, the whole boat was beat up. Anyway, TMM took the boat from us with our luggage still on board. Blamed the problems on us. They abandoned us at the bitter end. Oh yea, and kept all our money for the rest of the charter.

So, stay away from TMM and hopefully your vacation will be better than ours. We are currently seeking legal help to get our money back for the days we didn't have the boat.