Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Chartering
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2010

Simonsail is on a distinguished road
I usually use 'Euagent' who have provided reasonable boats and no problems. It is a big agent, but they appear to have high standards. I have chartered five times with them with no problem.

Agree the comments about Gulf of Kvarner. I had an ugly 7 hours crossing it once.

My favourite place is the island sometimes known as Parmizana or St Klement, the island opposite Hvar town. Park on the south side rather than the marina if you can, tying up to a tree. Find the restaurant of the same name which is nearby, or walk the length of the island with a torch to find an uncharted restaurant that is waiting for me next time that looked promising.

Simon
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2010

chris31519 is on a distinguished road
I returned yesterday from my sixth charter in Croatia. Maybe it's the economy, but I found it much less crowded than previous years. We were at anchor all but two nights - one in Zut to recharge the batteries (lovely Marina in a bay) and one in Piskera due to a storm warning. We had wonderful winds F3- F6 and the nights were cool for sleeping.

There is a lot of competition in Croatia and you can get some really good deals. I have mainly used Sailing Croatia - yacht charter Croatia - sailing holidays - MiramoClub as they have a very nice search engine to see what is available they have their own fleet but also act as agents for other companies, so you have to check out who the boat is being chartered from. We got a 2008 Bavaria 46 for 2,300 Euro in high season.

I've never had a bad experience, just a few niggles. We had a problem with the fecal tank and they sent three guys in a speedboat who were there in an hour. (Rather them than me on that job). I asked for extra mooring warps and this was no problem (BTW if taking a line ashore, do tie to a rock not a tree as it wears the bark, also make sure you have swimming shoes as the rocks a razor sharp in places)
Old 08-01-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris31519 View Post
I returned yesterday from my sixth charter in Croatia. Maybe it's the economy, but I found it much less crowded than previous years.
Nice news . Where are your best photos?

What are the regular price on those little restaurants on the Islands?
Old 08-01-2010

chris31519 is on a distinguished road
Still sorting the photos!

The restaurants were very expensive, higher prices than I remember in past years. Fresh fish is the most expensive about 400 - 600 Kn - that's over $100 per kg. It is awesomely delicious but even a modest portion of 300g makes for an expensive meal, though it includes the use of their mooring buoys for the night. Meat is much cheaper - but still we cooked on board all but one night.

I've heard complaints about charges for anchoring in Croatia but it's not a big deal -- in the national parks it was 250 Kn - EUR 35 for a 15 meter boat with six people. If that means it stays untouched by humans I don't mind paying it. I used to live in Spain and know what over-development can do to a coastline.

They are also putting out more mooring buoys which are friendlier to the sea bed. Only once (in Korcula) did we get charged for anchoring outside one of the national parks.

Both times when we came into marinas it was late evening and we had no trouble getting a spot, which has not been my experience in the past.
Old 09-03-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
After coming back from 2 weeks charter in Croatia I can recommend Ban-Tours Yachting: Ban-Tours yachting

I have booked very early with them on the Dusseldorf boat show for a good price. They are the Dufour dealers on Croatia and have a small fleet (13 or 14 boats). They are all very recent boats (mine was 5 months old). They have only Dufours from the performance line and from the cruising line (Grand large).

This is a small charter company and that permits a personalized contact and Ana, the girl that takes care of the paper work and Anton, the owner are not only impeccable, but also very nice people.

Anton is a sailor and a relatively young guy (about 35). Before starting the charter business he was for many years a skipper and you can fell that. I mean that you are talking with a sailor and not with a businessman.

The base port is marina Frappa (Rogoznica) and that is a good place because it permits you to go South, to Dubrovnick, Korkula (and other nice places), come back, stay on the marina again for taking water and some supplies and then head North, to the national park and the Northern Islands. That way in two weeks, we only stayed on one Marina, the Base (free of charge) all the other days we stay anchored or on buoys, in nice places (and that's easy because there is lot's of good and nice places to stay sheltered from the wind).

Regards

Paulo
Old 10-01-2010

edsml is on a distinguished road
June Croatia charter

FDP, thanks for starting this thread, as I'm also chartering in June in the Dalmatia area of Croatia, and have found much useful information in the great replies!

I charter for a vacation twice a year, once in the Carib and once in the Med., and have to dig through the brokers as described. I have a suggestion for you. Maybe we could save each other some work by sharing information. Even better, we may be able to save some money, as booking two yachts, or extended weeks, usually gets better discounts. Hey, we may even be able to have a mini-flotilla if there the same week(s)! What do you think? I'll PM you with my contact info, and would be happy to share the information I've received so far. Anyone else planning on going, feel free to contact me as well.

Ed edsml at juno