SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Chartering (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chartering/)
-   -   Dream Yacht Charters BVI (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/chartering/68819-dream-yacht-charters-bvi.html)

DBankRMan 10-05-2010 12:06 PM

Dream Yacht Charters BVI

Anybody know anything about Dream Yacht Charters ... Opinions? I'm considering a bareboat charter with them this month.

bobboulware 01-17-2012 02:31 PM

What was your experience with Dream Yacht Charters?

DBankRMan 01-17-2012 02:46 PM

Highly recommend DYC in BVI

Had a great experience with DYC in the BVI. Rented a Lagoon 41 'Catjack'. The boat had a broken radio mast which was discovered after we got some distance from the base. A handheld was quickly provided. The boat was well equiped and everything except the radio was in fine working order. The staff was great and we had a wonderfull time. Recommend a boat with AC though if you are going in Oct. The weather is hot and muggy and there are lots of mosquitos at this time of year due to it being the rainy season. The bugs make it so that you don't want to open any hatches at night so it is difficult to sleep. No crowds though as there are usually less than ten boats everywhere you go. Finding a mooring ball late in the day was not a problem. The airline regatta was in progress during our week and we ran into them at Jost Van Dyke. This and The Baths were the only places where I saw all the mooring balls in use.

dprudden 06-28-2012 02:30 PM

Re: Dream Yacht Charters BVI

Did a Dream yacht Charter in St. Martin on a Harmony 42 this past April. First day out, we had a serious engine problem. They immediately met us to assess the problem, realized it was serious, and brought us a Catana 43 within 2 hours. Outstanding customer service.

TakeFive 08-06-2014 12:30 AM

Any updated comments on the quality of Dream Yacht Charters service in BVI? I've got a brand new Bene Oceanis on hold with them for January 2015. The boat will be about 6 weeks old when we charter.

I chartered a <1 year old Jenneau from Sunsail two years ago, and it had minor issues twice during our week. Yes, even new boats can have problems. But Sunsail provided fast response in both cases. I'm hoping that DYC has similar service in BVI.

Comments welcome.

ambianceack 08-06-2014 08:16 AM

I am headed to Martinique during October 2014 for a bareboat charter and will post after the trip.

SailBeats 08-15-2014 05:14 AM

Dream Yacht Charter is one of the biggest yacht charter companies in the world. They offer a good product range and their yachts are normally well maintained. With all charter boats, there will always be a few little issues. Its how the charter company reacts to these niggles that can set them apart. Chartering newer boats will reduce the chances of potential problems.

ambianceack 10-14-2014 06:35 AM

Had a great experience with Dream Yacht Charters in Martinique. No issues with the 42' Catana named Tesla. I am pretty sure you will have a great experience too in the BVI. I would encourage you to have them do the provisioning at least the bulky heavy stuff like water and drinks. There were six of us and we used about 3 liters per day per person. We were down there for eight days and we provisioned for the first 3 to four days with some evenings planned to go on shore for dinner. Have fun!