Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Chartering
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Slayer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2010

diannedri is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down beware - Treasure harbor marine charters- Fl. Keys

This charter company is out of Islamorada...Fl keys. You get what you pay for. boats are all junk. All the ports/hatches leaked. We refused the 1st boat and then took a 33(or34)ft. Watkins. Leaks...equiptment did not work and holding tank pump was broken. Actually had to use a bucket. Interior wood so rotten that we got splinters. No chase boat. It goes on and on. and this was the better of their boats!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Rotten wood generally is too soft to give splinters...

If you paid for your charter using a credit card, you should ask for a refund.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 11-29-2010

diannedri is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Rotten wood generally is too soft to give splinters...

If you paid for your charter using a credit card, you should ask for a refund.
Suppose I should have been more specific...instead of wood, I should have said wood laminate.

As for credit card co...I got nowhere since I paid before their 3 month cut-off.
Old 11-30-2010
O'day 26

joeybkcmo is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear that, I used them about 4 years ago and found them reasonable for the price, guess they have gone down hill. We took the 33 ft watkins, it had a couple of minor issues, but everything (except the anchor light) worked. But no issues that required a "chase boat"

Old 10-29-2013

doubl0h is on a distinguished road
Treasure harbor marine charters- Fl. Keys Best rental I've had

we just had a absolutely lovely day charter from Pam at Treasure Harbor. The Watkins 32 "Sea Mist" was the cleanest rental I've ever seen. Completely spotless.

Pam was amazing and did a great briefing on how to get out of the rather shallow cut out of the harbor. We also loved the snorkeling out at the hen and chicks reef which is close.

My experience makes me question if the first poster's is still valid. Or ever was accurate.

I highly recommend it.

Jim Bond
member of Harbor Island Yacht club, owner of the "Pum Runch" on Old Hickory Lake, Nashville, TN
Old 12-06-2013

svhandy is on a distinguished road
Re: beware - Treasure harbor marine charters- Fl. Keys

We had our boat in charter for a few years while our sons were in high school and i found that many times when I would have a report that something on the boat failed to work for someone chartering the boat it worked fine for the Charter company crew or worked fine for me when I was there afterwards.

there are some very poor charter companies and unfortunately some poor Charterers as well. I would want to take the any posting that bad about a company and has differing posted reports with a Leary mind.
Old 12-19-2013
Newbie Sailor

floatingboater is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the heads up, though could it have been just one bad experience? it seems like everyone else in this thread liked their service.
Old 12-19-2013

Slayer is on a distinguished road

Do companies hire people to scour the internet for bad reviews and then join the site where a bad review is published to post some damage control? It just seems odd that a member's first post is to defend a particular vendor?
Delta-T likes this.
Old 12-20-2013

Tim R. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
Do companies hire people to scour the internet for bad reviews and then join the site where a bad review is published to post some damage control? It just seems odd that a member's first post is to defend a particular vendor?
Happens all the time. Google is everyone's friend.

-----------------------------------------------------
Old 12-20-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
Often it is just employees trying to make there company look good. Look at all the stuff that the son of the owner of Ronca posted thinking he was doing his father a favor. There is a big business of doing reviews mostly based out of the Philippines, but they are normally in broken English. I think they get paid pennies per review but there that is good money.